Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Please please help me, its waayyyy too late for this **updated**

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:22 AM
  • 12 Replies

My baby is in my rib cage!  He is hurting me soo badly that I want to cry and sleeping is out of the question.  Its almost 230 here! and I have to be in work in the morning... HELP!

Thank you everyone!  The yoga positions helped but I still had a really rough night.  I was up from 2-330 in severe pain.  He just wouldnt move.  I took a warm shower and felt a little better but when I went back to bed, it got 1000000000 times worse.  I threw up about 3 times either because of the pain or because he was kicking me in the stomach lol.  I was having a VERY hard time breathing, I was about to have DH take me to the hospital.  Eventually I was able to control my breathing in small shallow breaths and I was able to lay down long enough to fall back asleep.  He was still up there at the time but I guess he has moved since, because I am no longer in pain and I can breathe again lol.  But thanks again!  I am off to work!

babies

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:24 AM

I have no idea, but I'll bump for you!

I never had this problem...... I would try walking, stretching, move and lay in different positions?? 

Martina70
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Try taking a flashlight and move it across your stomach in hopes the baby moves to follow it.

midsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM

when my son would do that I would try to move him down I know it sounds mean but it would help  gently push ur baby

JaydensMommy107
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM

ive been trying that... he just kicks my hands lol

Quoting midsmommy:

when my son would do that I would try to move him down I know it sounds mean but it would help  gently push ur baby

babies

JaydensMommy107
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:28 AM

bump

babies

HazelSmith
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:29 AM

you can:

gently push baby down, try a cold towel on the top where it is bothering you the most the colder the more the baby will move, try rocking..on your side...in bed, massage the area...like tickleing.

These are just ideas I used when mine were in the womb, I wish you rest and peace and less pain.

midsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:30 AM

BUMP

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM

I have an US of my youngest with his foot jammed in my ribs! My obg told me to get on all fours...he said that the extra room encourages baby to move. It usually worked ...it's worth a try.GL

monkeysmom21006
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:41 AM

This is what I did, it may or may not help, but it's worth a try, right? Get down on your hands and knees and let your belly pull down to the floor and lift your chin up to the ceiling. Then bend your back to the ceiling and let your head fall. Hold the positions for like 15 seconds each time. We did it in yoga, and it helped A LOT. Another thing that helped was "Child's Pose." I sat with my legs under me, put my head on the floor, and stretched my arms out above my head.

Child's Pose

Cat Cow

HTH!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

nikialeslie79
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM
Definitely try the yoga positions like one of the PP's said. Other than that, gently try to move the baby. I had to do that with my DD when I was preggo. My issue was that she would stretch one leg out into my ribs and was constantly tickling me. I'm not a fan of tickling at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)