• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's everyone doing for VALENTINE'S Day?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

We never do anything. I complained about that, then finally one year, my DH had his sis come over to watch the kids while we went out to a fancy fish restaurant in Seattle with reservations. Bad thing is, they overbooked or something and we stood around for an extra hour and a half and my DH had a low blood sugar attack and was like glossy-eyed (well, he tried). lol. But it was a GRRRRREAT meal and out without kids, is always fun!

His bday is a few days before vday..and I focus on that, then Vday just sort of sneaks up.

We'll be crazy broke this wkend, BUT, we do have grandparents taking the kids for the week (yeah!!!).

SO WHAT'S EVERYONE DOING? I have no plans yet, we're dropping the kids off but no plans after that.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yngmomma21833
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Alot of nothing :( it will be our first Valentines day together but we don't have a sitter.

JMDmom2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:34 AM

My hubby and I work opposite shifts on Vday. He works till 6 pm then I work at 8pm. So tonight we went out to dinner to this nice little Italian place.  It has to make up for not spending time together Sat. :(

Magpie75
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:34 AM

We are going to take the kids out to breakfast and then go have some fun with them for the day.  Valentine's day is just not a big deal to my husband and I.  We like to celebrate it with the kids. 

midsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Nothing my hubby works but hes taking me somewhere tomorrow

dusky_rose
by Sue on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:38 AM

We already went out to dinner last weekend to avoid the crowds... we had steak dinners at Applebees! Yum!!!! and on Valentine's day we will just exchange our gifts for each other.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

sallymoon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I'll be sleeping all day and working all night while hubby takes care of the boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)