• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever met...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:50 AM
  • 11 Replies

A cutter?

Are you a cutter?

Were you a cutter?

Does someone you know cut or self injure?

I am curious how many peole have had this affect there lifes in some way.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2love
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:52 AM

I started cutting after I was raped.Ive been to counseling now so I dont do it anymore but its not like I dont get depressed and think about it.But for the main part Im over it,

Ali_Colio
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:52 AM

bump

Ali_Colio
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I am sorry that happened to you but I am glad you were strong enough to seek help (i sent you a message)

Quoting 2love:

I started cutting after I was raped.Ive been to counseling now so I dont do it anymore but its not like I dont get depressed and think about it.But for the main part Im over it,

Josiahsmommy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:03 AM

I am a cutter.....but i havent for awhile.......i am seriously depressed and it does not help that my husband is an ass....but i do what i can for my son.......

magenta2325
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:18 AM

My best friend growing up was a cutter. It got really bad a few times where she had to go to the hospital late at night and then she would come back before her grandma got up and clean up blood on walls and floor. I never knew how she went to hosp without her gramma knowing. I also never understood why they did not keep her for suicide watch. Very strange. One time I had went to her house and she answered the door with blood dripping off her arms I freaked out and told another friend she had to deal with it and I left. I always felt guilty but I just cold not handle it.

My son would cut a little but he got help and quit. I also in the last couple years have done it a few times but I quit thinking this is dumb why the hell am I doing this? I wrote a paper for school on self injury. It is crazy. There are boys who have been molested who burn and cut their penis's because they think its a bad thing. Do some research you will learn so much.

llmom1921
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:25 AM

I was never a cutter......  but I was a hitter!    Yep.......    As weird as it sounds.....  I used to hit myself...  (In the face, the legs, the bottom of my foot)....  Not something I am proud of, but something I am  working through..........

Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker
Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker

soccer-3.gif

happymommy102
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:40 AM

I was when i was a teen I was very lost. My mother had died with other emotional things at the time i did not care if i lived or died. now  i look at my my scarred and how close i was to ending my life.instead of killing my self  I'm now a felony not sure what is worse.  If you need to talk please pm me.

munozbabies2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:45 AM

I used to be a cutter... When I was a teenager and I had been raped by my best friend. I was also molested by my step dad. I did it to try and ease the pain that I was holding inside.

Thankfully though I am through that stage and am a happier person today!

5 Years Going Strong!!!  Charlotte (25), Michael (25), Serenity (4), and Andrew (3)

I am a 25 yr. old  Livin My Life; < I am a Non-smoking,  pro life, Circumcising, Formula-Feeding, Vaccine Giving, Disposable Diapering, Strict Disciplining, Kisser of Boo-Boos, Public Schooling SAH Momma to 2 kids! & Damn Proud Of It!!!

snowpeasmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:52 AM

yes

No

yes

yes

yes

baby growth

galaxy questcosleeping mommyProud Work At Home Mom Blinkiehomebirth blinkie

BrodysMommy251
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I was a cutter most of my teen years. I didn't just cut, I went as far as carving words and whatnot into my body. I stopped for a long time, but had a slip up on Christmas when things were really bad. Then I hated myself even more for doing it, b/c I felt like a shitty mom.  I like to think I have an handle on it, but then out of nowhere things are so bad that it just sneaks up on you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)