Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crib issues (kinda funny)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

ok.

my daughter was in the hospital for a week with rsv and pnemonia ( bless her heart) and they had her sleeping in a pretty big crib. before the hospital visit she was sleeping in her bassinet which she was really to big for...so when we got home i thought id put her in her crib to see how she does..kinda ween her off her basinet and the closed space.

anyways i dont know how she does it but i will go in there after an hour and she will be completly sideways upsidedown at the bottom of her crib lol.

the only problem is she gets to the crib bumpers and burries her face in them, pretty scary.

im afraid shes going to suffocate one of these times. i always fix her when shes like that which of course wakes her up =/

anyways i was just looking for some tips or ideas on wat to do to help prevent that.

as always u guys are great

i just read this and it sounds like a really stupid question lol. sorry but if you have any input i greatly appreciate it

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EtiesMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:03 AM

I took the bumpers off of my son's crib when he was a baby the first time I found him with his face on it. He slept in it from the time he was about 4 month because he was too big for his pack and play bassinette. He always would flip from one end to the other numerous times a night.

MOMby19
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:06 AM

i took my son's bumper off once he started squrming to the other end. i got scared about him suffocating too. 

Proud mommy to Anthony Marcus! (9-19-07) boy kissing mom

monkeysmom21006
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Try a mesh bumper instead. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266849

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Rachell9503
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:32 AM

I don't know what they're called.... but I have and used this thing, it's attached with snaps, it's flat cloth in the middle, and has long triangles on both sides, baby lays in the middle, keeps them from rolling over. If it wasn't packed away I'd take a picture, can't figure out what it's called to google it. It's basically the equivalent of rolling up two towels and putting then on either side of baby, which is a good idea to try! 

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:33 AM

wave

Hi
irockcuzimbre,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
>>The CafeMom Admin Team

mamapasta07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:28 AM

A sleep positioner.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=sleep%20positioners&origkw=sleep%20positioners&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1

Quoting Rachell9503:

I don't know what they're called.... but I have and used this thing, it's attached with snaps, it's flat cloth in the middle, and has long triangles on both sides, baby lays in the middle, keeps them from rolling over. If it wasn't packed away I'd take a picture, can't figure out what it's called to google it. It's basically the equivalent of rolling up two towels and putting then on either side of baby, which is a good idea to try! 

MAMAPASTA07
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)