• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would a simple "thanks" kill you?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:22 AM
  • 24 Replies

I looked up and provided very detailed answers recently to several posts and not ONE OP said thanks (not talking about general replies, just ones where you could see it took time and effort). 

I know I don't have to help - I wanted to - but when you go to a lot of trouble it would be nice to feel it was appreciated occasionally.  Thanks for reading!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
italianmom403
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:27 AM

I Hear ya!!~ I just checked here to see if anyone said thank u as well of course not!!!~ Then I saw this and wanted to say Thank u to u!!! LOL

Mover
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:27 AM

I totally agree, people don't know good manners any more.

3timesoccermom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:14 AM

bump  :-) 

KYChica
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM

I know how you feel. Once there was this post up that no one replied to from a woman that was asking if anyone could please make her a siggy. I took time out of my day to make her one , I see her using it on here all the time but she has never told me thank you or even acknowledged that I did this for her... But oh well. I guess some people just aren't gracious & these are probably the same people who take everything in life for granted.

redmamaof5
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM

sorry but it is my opinion that when i do something out of being nice i dont expect anything in return! would you give a gift and expect anything in return? i would hope not it is your choice to give the advice adn theirs to accept btu they are NOT required to give a thank you. Sounds like a child complaining they didnt get a treat for helping! well i will be the adult and say "GOOD JOB YOU DESEAVE A GOLD NUGGET FOR A WRITING A SENTENCE"!!!

3timesoccermom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:29 AM

You obviously didn't read the whole post, even though it wasn't long.  The instances I am talking about were not simple sentences. 

"I know I don't have to help - I wanted to - but when you go to a lot of trouble it would be nice to feel it was appreciated occasionally."

KYChica
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I understand & some what agree with what you are saying & even though a thank you shouldn't be expected or required when someone receives something from someone it is , however , common & decent courtesy & kindness. Sometimes us humans seem to lack that in so many ways which is why I think our society is the way it is. No one cares anymore & they think things should be handed to them on a silver platter without lifting a finger or so much as a thank you!

Quoting redmamaof5:

sorry but it is my opinion that when i do something out of being nice i dont expect anything in return! would you give a gift and expect anything in return? i would hope not it is your choice to give the advice adn theirs to accept btu they are NOT required to give a thank you. Sounds like a child complaining they didnt get a treat for helping! well i will be the adult and say "GOOD JOB YOU DESEAVE A GOLD NUGGET FOR A WRITING A SENTENCE"!!!

MONAinpa
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I'll 2nd that!

Quoting Mover:

I totally agree, people don't know good manners any more.

boogirlsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM

In this situation I would have to agree. Posts are here to be responded to. if someone said thank you every time someone else replied we would be getting thanked out whe wazoo... If you want a thank you then i would personally message the person not reply to the post. you will most likely get one that way!! If you feel you deserve one and are not getting one then stop replying to posts alltogether!!

Quoting redmamaof5:

B.A.G.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:32 AM

i do try to make sure i thank people if i have a post. and no, a simple thank you or even a half ass thanx wouldnt hurt. :0) sorry mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)