Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone hoping for an engagement ring tomorrow?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:16 AM
  • 31 Replies

Good luck if you are!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstnbecki
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:26 AM

accully i was expecting one for christmas but didnt get it, he said whos gives engagement rings for christmas so maybe you never no plus my birthday is the 18 so we will see.

cjsmom0206
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Good luck...I think some guys, my husband included, think it's cliche. My hubby lived out of state at the time and I expected it at Christmas, then new years, he ended up giving it to me March 4th the Saturday before I moved out of state with him...Maybe your BF is the same way and he will surprise you!

Quoting mstnbecki:

accully i was expecting one for christmas but didnt get it, he said whos gives engagement rings for christmas so maybe you never no plus my birthday is the 18 so we will see.

Hisservent
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:34 AM

I'm hoping hubby tells me I can stop taking my bc and start TTC #2

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM. giving heart

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I hope he does it all romantic-like.  Mine didn't.  He was on deployment when he proposed to me.  Then he came home and gave me the ring.  He "HANDED" it to me.  WTH is that???  Let us know what happens and how he does it. lolz

Quoting mstnbecki:

MommyOnLI
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:35 AM

a proposal on any holiday (christmas, birthday, v-day, etc) IMHO is tacky..

now an engagement ring on the day of your first date i think signifies something.. at least its a SPECIAL day that the two of you share

mstnbecki
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM

im use to tacky with himm been together 16 yrs lol,you should see it the day he asked me if i would marry him(a few mths ago) he came walking in the door after being at the mall all day with his siater and looked at me(as i was almost asleep on the couch)"So heres the deal do you want to get married" well his sister was standing right there.So yea im use to tacky.LOL

Quoting MommyOnLI:

now an engagement ring on the day of your first date i think signifies something.. at least its a SPECIAL day that the two of you share

Simple-Beauty
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Why does there always have to be a turd in the sandbox in this group?

This is a happy, encouraging thread...you could have kept that to yourself. Some lucky girl in the group could be asked to spend her life with the man she loves tomorrow, and I doubt she'll think there was anything tacky about his proposal.

Quoting MommyOnLI:

ProudMami2008
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:05 AM

lmao turd in the sandbox 

sdolly
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM

i got my engagement ring on christmas 3 years ago but it was our 1 year anniversary being together so it was special in 2 ways i don't think it's tacky at all to get a ring on a holiday :)

CONGRATS in advance to all the moms who get lucky tomorrow happy vday!

Jademom07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM

I wish DH would have been more creative and given me mine on a day that had no meaning.  But guess when I go mine???  Yup V-day 2004.  And he didn't even ask the 'question'  he just said " the rest of your v-day is in the top drawer of the dresser".  It didn't fit, it was a size 5 and the rings were already soldered together so I knew that he got it at the pawn shop.  I wish he would have been more individual about it, spur of the moment and even ASKED the question.  Oh well. we are married now and I just have to live with that memory. 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)