Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of u that have taken ur LO to Disney....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am taking my 3 year old DD to Magic Kingdom next month for the first time. I could use some tips, advice, suggestions. Anything u could tell me. We are going on Mon March 9th (which is her father's bday) and the 10th. We got a FL resident ticket for $99 for 2parks/2days. We're just gonna split Magic Kingdom up into 2 days since there's so much to see. Since we're going on DD's father's bday and we're buying a package deal they're giving us a gift card to use inside the park for the value of his ticket (since they have that deal to get in for free on ur bday) so that's cool. We're also gonna take her to the Bippidi Boopody Boutique (sp?) to get a princess make-over and we're gonna go a character dinner and we'll be staying at either the All Star movies or All Star music hotels. I plan on packing plenty of snacks and water bottles. Any other suggestions from and of u pros? Thanks alot!

busy momCrystal  margarita time

* Mommy to Madison - 3 & Danny - 14mons

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MADAmom2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM

bump to read later....

ArasMom05
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I took my little one last year when she was 2...and let me tell you plan for many stops during the day =) It's good that you already have  some activities planned, you kind of have to since even for an adult it's difficult to see and do everything. I also rented a stroller for her...their little legs tend to give out after a while =) snacks and drinks are good to have while in those long lines...I'd suggest doing the majority of what you want to do early since most kids tend to be less cooperative when they are tired, and you want to make sure she enjoys that makeover =) very cool BTW!  HAVE FUN! =)

MAyers
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I just read this yesterday in Parents magazine. Now I've never been but this woman said that her kids favorite place the the (no-charge) Downtown Disney they have tot friendly water spray park, magicians, face painters, jugglers, family photo section, and Lego Imagination Center where kids can play w/ Legos. Here's a few websites that was also in the magazine. allears.net (menus)   orlandoinfo.com (disounts) mousesavers.com (specials) I would also get a stroller.

NJMom2Tyler
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Definitely get the stroller! And in my opinion the Bippity Bop parlor is way too expensive for that age...what we did with my little cousin was buy her a princess costume, did her make up and hair at the hotel and then took her to the park all dressed up. But that's if money is an issue for you...if not enjoy! Have fun!

And get a good spot in front of the castle for the fireworks display at night...it's amazing.

MADAmom2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM

yeah we were gonna just do the basic make-over,  I think it was $50. She already has all the princess dresses so we'll just bring one of her own (otherwise it's like $200 which is ridiculous!)

Quoting NJMom2Tyler:

Definitely get the stroller! And in my opinion the Bippity Bop parlor is way too expensive for that age...what we did with my little cousin was buy her a princess costume, did her make up and hair at the hotel and then took her to the park all dressed up. But that's if money is an issue for you...if not enjoy! Have fun!

And get a good spot in front of the castle for the fireworks display at night...it's amazing.

jadedprincess
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM
i took my 2 yr old last june she loved it expecially the dumbo ride and i know some parents dont like these but the child harness with a leash was a big help she didnt want to be in the stroller all the time and it made things alot easier she has one from walmart that looks like a plush puppy dog back pack. it was a great trip she had a blast!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)