• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pit bull mommies...Here's one for the home team...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:16 AM
  • 15 Replies

I just came across this.  Indianapolis is just 1.5 hours from me and they have changed their policy in the shelter...when a pit would come in, if it didn't go to rescue, it was euthanized...they have changed that to allowing non-aggressive ones to be adopted out.  HOORAY!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29172558

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
siobhan21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM

high five  YAY!!!!!

First_One_8_18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM

That is AWESOME!

Did anyone else by chance see the 'Dogtown' episode with the Michael Vick dogs and how sweet those dogs were after some rehab? I also read an article on the updates for the all of the dogs, and one is currently a THERAPY DOG! I really hope that people will start to get more educated on pits. They are such sweethearts and will do anything to please their masters. Unfortunately, this factor also gives them a bad name because people take that personality train and twist it into something horrible, when the dog just wants to please.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

tes1proudmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM

thats great!

Steph1499
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Good. I think every dog should be evaluated and   then  decided if aggresive or not.     

jaxTheMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Vick's dogs are doing really well, and if anything good came out of that horrible situation, it's that fighting dogs are victims, too and many can be saved.

You can read about most of the surviving dogs here - http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

andreamarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Yesssss.

We just got another little pittie girl from Indy end of last month.  Our Boy Boots finally decided to accept her if she stays out of his food dish.

Except for her hatred of Barbie dolls and issues with potty training we are doing great.

The mgr of ou housing community, finally got a red nose.

i am trying to get my girl to learn a new name but so far its been useless.  Any moms have ideas.   The  woman Iwe got her froms (Brother) named her MO MO

Ick.

The Pic is of our blue boy  BOOTS as a baby.  He is a little over 10 months old now and a LOT bigger

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Quoting Steph1499:

Good. I think every dog should be evaluated and   then  decided if aggresive or not.     

luckypenny720
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

clappingand it's about time!

Want a place you can really let your feelings fly? To join my group click on the siggy.

Junebug926
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Yeah, I live in Indianapolis. I'm sure sine you live so close you've been hearing about the lady that just had her leg AMPUTATED because her neighbor's pits got out and mauled her. Those pits were put down but there are 7 others from that house. Gee, I sure hope those pits are adopted, especially to a family with children.

Quoting Jademom07:

I just came across this.  Indianapolis is just 1.5 hours from me and they have changed their policy in the shelter...when a pit would come in, if it didn't go to rescue, it was euthanized...they have changed that to allowing non-aggressive ones to be adopted out.  HOORAY!!!

Jademom07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Quoting Junebug926:

Yeah, I live in Indianapolis. I'm sure sine you live so close you've been hearing about the lady that just had her leg AMPUTATED because her neighbor's pits got out and mauled her. Those pits were put down but there are 7 others from that house. Gee, I sure hope those pits are adopted, especially to a family with children.

Quoting Jademom07:

That's why the dogs are evaluated before they can be adopted...that's kinda like saying that if my brother killed someone, that my sisters and I should be jailed as well.  Guilt by association.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)