Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you getting , or what have you got for Valentines day?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM
  • 14 Replies

I'm not going to be able to get my hubby anything for V-day because our car is broke down & I don't have any money...He already knows this & I have apologized to him over & over again but he says there was nothing he wants anyways. He's always been that type of guy , he never wants anything for birthdays or Christmas either, but I still feel bad so I'll probably dress up sexy for him when the kids go to bed , pick out some good dancing music & give him a little show ...He's always asking me to dance for him (I'm a stripper)...

Anyways , Wednesday he surprised me & got me a pink MP3 player. I was excited and all but he got me one of those really cheap ones lol - Oh well , it's the thought that counts. I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything because at least he got me something but I showed him the one I wanted in the Wal-Mart paper the other day. I still love him though because normally he forgets to get me anything on holidays like this.

Okay now I feel even worse for complaining about the gift he gave me... Ugh...

Okay so what are you getting for V-day or what have you already gotten?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof4kids1969
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I have my hubbys love...thats all I need...material items don't matter to me at all!

JudeandLucy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:30 AM

DH got me a gift certificate for a mani-pedi at a spa, AND he got one for my best friend so I didn't have to go alone :-)

Oh, and I got DH a cheap mp3 player, too lol.

cinderella22_17
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM

My hubby got me 2 dozen roses and a dozen hand dipped chocolate strawberries! MMMMM, they were soooo yummy! http://www.berries.com This is the place he got them from! I am not sure what I am getting him??

KYChica
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM

lol I feel really bad for thinking that way , but of course I still love it just because it came from my husband. I once told him a pair of socks from him would make me happy , just because he thought about me in the process , ya know?

Quoting JudeandLucy:

DH got me a gift certificate for a mani-pedi at a spa, AND he got one for my best friend so I didn't have to go alone :-)

Oh, and I got DH a cheap mp3 player, too lol.

mommaddie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I did not get my hubby anything..but i am cooking him a fancy dinner with me in a really hot outfit..so does that count as a gift???haha he is working till 3:30 on Valentines day so he best come home with some flowers...

southernmoms
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM

saving money not spending except little things I spent 7 on him

GmansMomy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:35 AM
i have no clue what im getting. we are going out for dinner tonight and maybe a movie, but i said flowers would be nice to have. i got him a couple things so far, i didnt really know what to get him so im getting a bunch of little things, his fav candy, some new undies(he needs them), and some other things. so its nothing much but stuff he likes( and needs).

MOMMY TO

GAVMAN        &    ADDY PIE

Shellmi
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Nothing. We never gotten each other gifts. Can't really afford it. We'll try to get a "naked" night next week. Aunt Flow is visiting and we've got the kids this weekend and he'll be at the firehouse tomorrow. So that's my valentine's day. :) next week though, i'll get my mom to take my son one night.

Waiting2Xhale
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I havent gotten anything yet, but if I get nothing that is fine.  I reserved a room(a suite) in a local hotel here tomorrow night for him(with me of course) to just relax and be without the kids. I cant wait!!!  IT's A SURPRISE FOR HIM!!!

j_c_c_s_l
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM

yesterday I received a dozen roses with a teddy bear and chocolates and a beautiful red vase in the mail(it came early)! I will also be getting a heart rate monitor that shows the calories burned from my loving husband on Saturday that is what I asked him to get me! I never really get him anything more than a card because he really just wants to get me stuff and not receive anything! well I will give him some nooky,lol,that is what all men want anyway,lol!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)