Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Valentines Question

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:43 AM
  • 9 Replies

So my sons preschool put up a little note asking if you are going to bring in Valentine's to please leave the "to" section blank, don't address them. I guess they want to make sure everyone gets the same, is what I heard but, I think they will get the same whether they are addressed or not.  I put all of these Valentine's together and the blank to section looks so wrong to me. My question is do you think it would hurt to put, my friend or friend, in there ? I just thought perhaps the teachers wanted to address them so maybe I should leave them blank like they asked ? I'm sure it's not a big deal either way, just wondering what you ladies thought?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PurpleNurples
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I think they do that so that they don't have to run around putting the right one in the right bag.  That's a lot of work!  This way, they just line up all the bags and plunk them in!

flying bunny

aplessner
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I would do it they way the school asked. 

Jessie25
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I agree bc with my youngest's story time group, they lined up bags and we went thru the line putting the cards in them and we had no idea who would get what bag. So it was just easier. My other 2 had to fill out the to part but they will be going around each desk and putting them in and sometimes they still end up giving the wrong one. I think its a great idea to put friend on them but you may want to do what the teacher asks bc she may personally address them.

Quoting PurpleNurples:

I think they do that so that they don't have to run around putting the right one in the right bag.  That's a lot of work!  This way, they just line up all the bags and plunk them in!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/cafeaddicts

NJMom2Tyler
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Although I had my son personally address his last night, I think putting to My friend is a perfect idea....instead of leaving it blank.

linda4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

My son is in ECEAP and they only go to school 4 days a week so they did their Valentines the other day. The reason the Teacher wants you to leave the "To" blank is because most of the kids don't know how to read thr other kids name and it does make it much easier to pass the Valentine cards out. I think it would be a great idea to write "My friend" in the "To" place for the kids.

PookieMama13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM

My DD is in preschool and they asked us to do the same thing, they said it was easier to do it that way instead of addressing every child. I don't mind it we did them together last night and I just had her sign her name.

Junebug926
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM

You can write "friend" in the to box. The reason they don't want you to address them is because when they pass them out they can do it quickly by just putting one in each bag. Otherwise you have a room full of kids asking the teacher "what does this say?" "who is this one for?" It's CRAZY that way! When I taught kindergarten we did the same thing. It was definitely the way to go!! :)

mom_4kiddos
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Well, my 5th graded addressed all his last night they supplies the list of kids in his class.. The older kids can read and pass them out without assistance.

I have pre-schoolers too. They have them write their (From) their name it's good practice. and leavve To: part blank for a couple reasons, so everyone gets one. Teachers don't have to worry about who gets what if the kids can't read the names and the little ones don't need write out all the names.
My kids took 2 days to make 35 cards just with their names and suckers taped to them. They just didn't want to sit and do the same thing over and over .

KreatingMe
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

thanks ladies, i appreciate it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)