Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Octo Mom's Fertility Doctor Implanted 49-Year-Old With Seven Embryos

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

The fertility doctor that helped Nadya Suleman give birth to octuplets also provided treatment to a 49-year-old woman who is pregnant with quadruplets, the Los Angeles Times reports. Sources tell the newspaper that Dr. Michael Kamrava implanted at least seven embryos from younger donor eggs into the woman, who is currently hospitalized. "I do think it is concerning, and dangerous, especially to the mother," a doctor familiar with the case told the Times. "She is close to 50. When women get to be that age, our fear is the cardiovascular complications, such as stroke or heart attack. That’s how serious this is." Meet the octuplets! Suleman told the Today Show's Ann Curry she was implanted with six embryos, some of which split. Kamrava is under investigation by the California Medical Board and American Society for Reproductive Medicine, which recommends women under 35 are implanted with no more than two embryos. See Us' baby bump hall of fame. Meanwhile, Suleman's publicist revealed death threats forced her to move into a rented house and out of the home she was sharing with her parents in southern California. The mother of 14 -- who is single, unemployed and receiving food stamps -- began asking for donations on her Web site Wednesday.

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 8,7,4 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,no political affilitation,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracyrae
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM

OMG she is HUGE!!!       -and yes, I agree this dr. should be investigated..........  Seems like he's a little on the eager side.

LaNette000
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM

After this pregnancy, she may have considered suing the doctor, since she had so much bad trouble before this pregnancy. I mean she did sue before for having some kind of back injury...Please, that too may have been a scam!

KYChica
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Thanks for sharing but I think everyone has posted this about 50 billion times in the past week .....  

Pepperlynns
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM

This one is Nadya Suleman..its another women who is 49 yrs old..read the bottom

Quoting KYChica:

Thanks for sharing but I think everyone has posted this about 50 billion times in the past week .....  

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 8,7,4 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,no political affilitation,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

LaNette000
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I don't think this is called for, we're always seeing you post a lot, why should it matter to you if some of us want to keep discussing this type of post/topic? Anyway, it's about a different woman.eye rolling

Quoting KYChica:

zianneaaliyah
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

The state of California needs to sue him!

KYChica
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Yeah i know its about another woman lol , I've seen this posted alot too. I don't mind for her posting about it , if you read my reply it says "Thanks for sharing" , I was just letting her know that it's already been posted a thousand times.

I know I post alot , thanks for putting up with me. But I also have the right to share my opinion of being tired of reading about the same things over & over again. It's kinda hard to NOT read these posts when that's what the whole group is covered with , ya know? lol Sorry for making you feel the need to "roll your eyes" at me... Maybe I'm just crabby this morning.

Quoting LaNette000:

I don't think this is called for, we're always seeing you post a lot, why should it matter to you if some of us want to keep discussing this type of post/topic? Anyway, it's about a different woman.eye rolling

Quoting KYChica:

LaNette000
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

??SOOOOO??

Quoting KYChica:

Yeah i know its about another woman lol , I've seen this posted alot too. I don't mind for her posting about it , if you read my reply it says "Thanks for sharing" , I was just letting her know that it's already been posted a thousand times.

I know I post alot , thanks for putting up with me. But I also have the right to share my opinion of being tired of reading about the same things over & over again. It's kinda hard to NOT read these posts when that's what the whole group is covered with , ya know? lol Sorry for making you feel the need to "roll your eyes" at me... Maybe I'm just crabby this morning.

CrystalRhine
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I don't know but that makes me sick looking at that.  I don't know why but it does.  It also amazes me how someone can actually hold that many babies. 

FDNYwife
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

wow Thats a huge belly.. I do think that doctor needs to have his license taken away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)