Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your mom confessions... ***THIS POST IS FOR NON BASHERS***

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
  • 19 Replies

I use the mornings for me time so right now my 4 year old is glued to SpongeBob.

Last night I put the kids to bed 30 mins early because they were getting on my nerves.

Yesterday my husband was driving me insane but I didn't say anything. Just grin & bare it.

I pretended like I didn't hear the baby crying at 4 this morning so my husband would have to give her a bottle. I know he does this all the time , so why can't I ? lol

I forgot to send one dollar with my daughter that she was suppose to donate to the teacher for her Valentine party.

I feel bad for telling my kids to "go play" when I'm on the computer &  they want my attention.

When I hear my 4 year old sneaking around at 7 in the morning I really dread her coming in my room & screaming "GOOD MORNING" , when I should actually feel excited because I know she just wants to be around mommy.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleNurples
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM

OMG, you are so writing my thoughts! LOL  My new one for today is I am really tired of contributing to the school for this and that.  I didn't participate in "jump rope for life", and now I'm worried that my son will be the only one without an envelope stashed full of cash! 

flying bunny

mommy_10
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I know Monday I needed some free time to myself....I was tired and stressed out big time...LOL!

I ended up running around all day monday for a little thing that would of only took 15 minutes to fix, if my DD had the piece to get her glasses fixed......LONG STORY! Anyways after I got her eye's examined I brought her home, and left her to watch her two siblings, while I went to get her glasses fixed, it was nice to get a way for a hour after that long stressful day...

shelly469
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

All of those comments are reasonable. I would do the same depending on how tired i was. I can relate. Its always a dollar here and there. But we give it and complain later. That's the mommy life for ya. 

JudeandLucy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

*On a semi-regular basis I forget to send lunch money to school with my son. (They do still give him lunch btw!)

*Every Monday (Heroes), Wednesday (Lost), and Thursday (Grey's) I put my kids to bed at 7:45 rather than 8 so they won't interrupt my tv time.

*I was behind on laundry last week and had to put dirty socks on my son lol.

*3-ish weeks ago I went back to bed after putting DS on the bus at 7am. I didn't wake up again until 10:45am. My poor DD had passed back out in her bed with every one of her dress up dresses. 

*Almost daily I want to punch my husband in the face. lol...I'm only partly serious. 

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Bump for when I get off the phone. 

momiofcristina
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I give my toddlers oatmeal for breakfast EVERYDAY cause im sick and tired of making and feeding them food EVERY SINGLE DAY 3x a day!!!!! 

preview image

preview image

cinderella22_17
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I was so sleepy last night, so instead of coming downstairs to hang out with hubby I went to bed at 7:45!

JamarisMommy731
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

**2 days ago i let my 6 month old CIO for over an hour until he cried himself to sleep! :(  (he was tired but fighting sleep, and i just couldn't take it anymore) *oh and nothing wrong with CIO; it's just REALLY hard for me, and I feel bad*

**i am looking forward to 10am today: my boyfriend (DS's dad) is taking the baby with him while he does his running around today!  i have a test for the US Census Bureau @ 1:30, but i'll have alone time before then to get ready in peace! and afterward, i'll be able to do my errands quickly and easily without dragging a baby in and out of a bunch of places!  it's kinda bad, though, b/c i won't see DS until this evening sometime, but this will be the 1st time in 6.5months that SO is taking the baby!  i've had him every minute of every day for 6.5 months!  it's about time for a break; but as a mommy, i feel a lil guilty for that.

**in the mornings, when i need a few minutes to do something or if DS is just simply getting on my nerves, i'll turn the tv to Noggin & let him watch some of those preschool shows.  and now he knows the voice of Moose A. Moose who comes on between the shows, and he will stop what he's doing when he hears him, turn and watch him on tv!!

scmomma85
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I put my kids to bed early when I'm stressed out or really tired. I also sometimes feed them the same thing they ate for breakfast the day before, because I run out of creative things to feed them each day.

mommaddie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

OOOOhh what a fun post...

1. I "forget" to buy icecream because my hubby can spare to "lose a few"

2. I always leave the gas light on cuz i know that when hubby gets in he will fill it up

3. When I hear my dh in her room at 5:30 in the am..i pretend i dont hear her yet..only cuz i know she has things to do in there.

4. I also use tv as an escape. when i want a few minutes to myself i put Dora on.

5. When dd has poopy diaper i run upstairs and "pretend to be in the bathroom" but not before saying "honey can you change maddies diaper" hahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)