Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need tips on haggling please.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM
  • 3 Replies

So, I posted a post earlier about trying to talk the cable company into not charging us $7 a month for HD service. A couple of people talked about haggling. That is something that I have never done and don't think I would be good at. I'm one of those people who just accept things for what they are and don't really argue it. Well, the haggling idea got me thinking, what else can I haggle? Tonight we're buying an LCD HD tv, a PS3, and an MP3 player - all from Wal Mart.

Can I haggle the prices there too? If I did, would I talk to the manager about it? Or just the associate? What is a resonable amount to try to knock off when haggling? And when I do try to haggle, what do I say?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
linda4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Another thing that you can do is take a news paper AD with you with the price of the things that you want (If they are lower). I know the Wal Mart in my area takes the price from any AD and matches it. Good luck.

bugnroosmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

That's what i was thinking. Also, i would ASK for the manager, just to make sure you really will get the price an associate says.

Quoting linda4:

Another thing that you can do is take a news paper AD with you with the price of the things that you want (If they are lower). I know the Wal Mart in my area takes the price from any AD and matches it. Good luck.

Cass_Michelle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:03 PM

bump 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)