Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magic Treehouse book question

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have to get the #1 book first or can you get any one from the series without losing out on the story?  I am getting this for my daughter's friend for her birthday.  I just don't know if she would be totally lost if I got her like #7 instead of #1.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laddiegirl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I don't thnk you need #1 they are all different stories mt boys have some og those books

MichelleM72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM

bump.  Do girls like them too?

LaNette000
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

My 10 year old likes them. She also likes books by Gertrude Chandler Warner. Said this book has been her favorite, there may be more written by this author.

Quoting MichelleM72:

bump.  Do girls like them too?

OfTheFaIIen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I dont think you need to get #1. My little brother reads them, he loves them and he HATES reading, so that says something!

Truth can be found if only you would see it.

MichelleM72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

bump

mom-of-two9698
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

The books can definatly be read on their own, but there is a little bit of a storyline that carries through the series.  This is a really great book series....def get her started on it!  Lots of good facts and info in them. 

MichelleM72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Anyone else ?  I just saw that the first one is titled something about dinasaurs.  I hate to get that for a girl.

mom-of-two9698
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Quoting MichelleM72:

Anyone else ?  I just saw that the first one is titled something about dinasaurs.  I hate to get that for a girl.

One of the main characters in the series is a girl.  My dd loved them all as much as my ds did!  The cover of the dinosaur one is a little "boy" looking though!  My dd's faves were #3,9,12,and 13.  (Mummies, dolphins, polar bears and volcanos).  They are all good--there isn't a single one that I didn' t enjoy.  FYI, the research guides that go with some of the books are excellant!  My kids have used them for many projects and such at school.

MichelleM72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Do you have to start with the first one though?

Quoting mom-of-two9698:

Quoting MichelleM72:

One of the main characters in the series is a girl.  My dd loved them all as much as my ds did!  The cover of the dinosaur one is a little "boy" looking though!  My dd's faves were #3,9,12,and 13.  (Mummies, dolphins, polar bears and volcanos).  They are all good--there isn't a single one that I didn' t enjoy.  FYI, the research guides that go with some of the books are excellant!  My kids have used them for many projects and such at school.

ctcountrygal
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

We have the whole series and they are great.  You do not need number one to understand the story because each book starts off with an explanation of how they get where they are going. They are a good gift for a boy or girl.

Another good series for a boy or a girl of that age group are the A to Z mysteries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)