• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frosting?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 2 Replies

i need a quick frosting recipe! I am making lip shaped brownies and want a frosting for the top so i can make it pink.. any ideas? I have milk, sugar, confectionary sugar, eggs..etc.. i dont have any evaporated milk, and thats how i usually make frosting! thanks.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bookwriter4kids
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Complete Guide to Baking
Try a FREE ISSUE of Taste of Home!

This basic buttery frosting has unmatchable homemade taste. With a few simple variations, you can come up with different colors and flavors.

SERVINGS: 24

CATEGORY: Lower Fat

METHOD:

TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 5 to 6 tablespoons milk

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Yield: About 3 cups. Easy Almond Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, use 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract instead of the vanilla. Yield: about 3 cups. Easy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup baking cocoa and 6-7 tablespoons milk. Yield: about 3 cups. Easy Lemon Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice instead of the milk and 1 teaspoon grated peel. Yield: about 3 cups. Easy Orange Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 5-6 tablespoons orange juice instead of the milk and add 1 teaspoon grated orange peel. Yield: about 3 cups. Easy Peanut Butter Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 1/2 cup peanut butter instead of the butter and use 6-8 tablespoons milk. Yield: about 3 cups. Easy Peppermint Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract instead of the vanilla. Yield: about 3 cups. 

kaylasmom9
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Ok, 5 1/3 tablespoons of butter. Blend that with 2 cups of powdered sugar.  Then add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/4 cup milk.  Then blend with 2 1/2 more cups powdered sugar.  Dye your color and frost.  I love this frosting because it gets hard so you can stack items.  I have made about 5 dozen Valentine sugar cookies.  I have used this recipe for years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)