Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my mil has officially lost it.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you want to hear from the other woman if your husband did something like this.

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

My mil has been seeing a married man for a year and a half. And well the man she was seeing recently rented out an apartment and told her that he was going to tell his wife and leave. SOOOO he tells his wife and she of course was livid and after a few days of calming down he gets the family together to have a meeting because they have three girls and they were going to tell the girls that he was moving out. Well he never made it to the family meeting because his wife wanted to talk to him in private first and he agreed to try to make the marriage work. My mil is devestated of course and everybody warned her so it's hard to feel sorry for her atm.

I guess it turns out that he lied about how long they were seeing eachother. He told his wife that they had only been seeing eachother for 2 months. And he also lied about taking my mil on business trips with him.

SO now my mil is getting dressed and ready to go to his WIFE'S place of business to tell her the truth. I told my mil that she is nuts and that all she is doing is making herself look vindictive and like she is trying to break them up. I keep asking her what she hopes to accomplish and she says it will make her feel better if his wife knows everything.

I honestly don't think the wife is going to want anything to do with angie no matter what the truth is. And my MIL will be lucky not ot get her ass kicked today. OH and get this she thinks that it will completely ruin the marriage and that her FILfthy SO will come back to her eventually. I am in complete shock over all of this.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gitanomadre
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM

she is just going to make a bad situation worse , I have no pity for her she  knew he was  obligated  

neighbor_girl1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM

wow, no offense but it sounds like your MIL deserves to get her as kicked. She is a grown-ass woamn and she is trying to break up this family. How heartless can she be.

First_One_8_18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I can see her POV, but she still sounds a little nuts. Let sleeping dogs lie, you know?

Oh, may I mention that my MIL has been seeing a married man for 16 years!!!!!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

catgrrrl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I would want the truth.  2 years vs. 2 months is a huge deal.  The wife may think that he just slipped because it has been an affair for 2 months and perhaps easy for her to forgive.but 2 years is not a slip.  and would be harder for her to forgive him.  If I were your mil I would write a letter to the wife.  Then it would be her choice on whether she really truly wants to know the truth.  that is if she believes the letter.

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM

She beleives that he is only going back because he feels guilty and that he still loves her. I think he is just stringing her along. I don't understand why she would want to be with anyone like that

Quoting neighbor_girl1:

wow, no offense but it sounds like your MIL deserves to get her as kicked. She is a grown-ass woamn and she is trying to break up this family. How heartless can she be.

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:12 AM

she has a letter in case the wife refuses to see her in person

Quoting catgrrrl:

I would want the truth.  2 years vs. 2 months is a huge deal.  The wife may think that he just slipped because it has been an affair for 2 months and perhaps easy for her to forgive.but 2 years is not a slip.  and would be harder for her to forgive him.  If I were your mil I would write a letter to the wife.  Then it would be her choice on whether she really truly wants to know the truth.  that is if she believes the letter.

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM

bump

armywife1111
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

That is a bad place to be! I understand her wanting to do that, but it will just make everything worse in the end. It will most likely make him never want to see her again for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)