Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen pregnancy???

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM
  • 34 Replies

what are your feeling and thoughts about teenage pregnancy? i am a teen and got pregnant with twin boys when i was 17 i am now 18 and i think i am doing a pretty good job with them. but how do you truely feel about it?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HopesMommy3408
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:09 AM

i had my dd 3 months after i turned 18... and i think if the moms responsible and can take care of her own there isn't a problem.. some moms have 2 or 3 kids by the time the time there 20 and can't take care of there own.. there living off welfare.. don't have good jobs.. or jobs at all.. and they shouldn't have there children.. thats just some moms im not saying all.. but you are blessed with twins.. and i bet your a great mommy!!

smiles2008

i think there's a fine line between mature teens and immature teens.. i too was 17 when i had my first i also worked full time and i supported my son but thats just my situation. now those girls that get pregnant at 13 14 15 16 and such is just wrong.. there's no way you can support a kid at that YOUNG age. maybe i'm just a hypocrite.  

dragonflykiss44

honestly i think its WAY to young. but if you are taking good care of them and actually want them then i am ok with it...who am i to judge? i have had friends who had babies really young and they stepped up and took good care of them and loved them. if thats the case i am alright with it, if they want nothing to do with the baby and just toss it over to mom and dad, then THATS a problem

but prepare yourself, some other moms might not feel the same way.

linda4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I was 15 y/o when I had my first child. She is 23 y/o now. I would not wish it upon anyone. It was very hard and still is hard. I have 4 kids now and the youngest one is 4 1/2 y/o.

TessaMarie84
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:12 AM

My brother was only 15 when he had his first son and he went and got emancipated as well as a full time job.  Its not really the age but the maturity of the people involved. My goodness at 15 he was paying rent had a job and supporting his girlfriend and son while she went to school. Still to this day he is a great dad.

rag_dollmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I don't think age determines how good a mom could be but I do think that a person needs to live and enjoy their young years before taking such responsability.

niki1125
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I had my daughter 3 months after I turned 19! I now am 23 and have a 4 year old and a 8 month old..and think i am doing a great job with my kids! Age doesn't mean anything as long as you take care of your kids!!

DnC0203
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I was a teen mom.. had my son at 15. I grew up fast but I know way too many who don't. Its a sad thing. My son doesnt have a dad.. his "sperm donor" was 19 when my son was born and could care less. I love my son dearly and EVERYTHING happens for a reason but I wish with all my heart that things could have been different. That I could have been married and my son have a daddy and mommy but the Lord had something else planned for me. My son change my life and for that I am forever grateful.. but there are too many things that teenagers do not get. You can never really be ready for a baby you might have all the stuff for it but to realize the change in your life no one can imagine it. I feel bad for teen moms because I've been there and I know the hardships.. but for the ones who make it through and still make something of themselves then they should be even more proud of themselves. I finished high school and am almost done college. I started my career and having my son made me work that much harder to prove it. For some it works.. for others it doesnt... everything happens for a reason =o)

NewMom304
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM

If it happens, it happens.  There is no reason to judge a teen mom.  They usually need all the support they can get, so they can finish school and be the best mom they can be.

Kingstons_Mom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I can only speak for myself and my own life experience. This is in no way bashing any mom who did things differently than I did; all it means is that we're different.

I became a mom for the first time at the age of 26 through meticulous planning with my husband of 3 years (we've been together for 6). I did not want to become a mother until I was older, completed a college education and lived my life on my own outside of my parents' home. I feel that I got to do the things I wanted like travel and meet so many amazing people, to be a little selfish and make silly mistakes that young people make without having to worry how that would affect a child.

I feel that I can devote so much to my son and husband because I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I can only speak for a friend of mine who had a child at 17 who said that although she loves her little girl with everything she has, she sometimes wishes she was a little older when she had her.

Props to the young moms who do everything for their children in addition to completing their education and working. It's hard, and I can see how dedicated you are to your babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)