Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving blood** UPDATED**

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  • 27 Replies

So am going to give blood today like I do every time it comes around, have since I was 15, 20 now. So I Tell friends about it and they are like no way my blood is mine. So I wanted to see what yall think. Do you give blood??

*****Update****

Sorry it took so long for me to get back an answer my post went out with my mom for the night, we give blood together just stared giving in 07, after I had brain sug, and could have needed blood. So to answer a few questions, they don't care if you smoke you can still give blood, the weight is at lest 110 lbs, and if you meet a height and weight thing cant remember the numbers you can give platelets, most man do this, and also if you are O plz try to give like another mom said that type can be used on any one and is a hard to find blood type. For the ones looking to give most hospitals or high schools and college have blood drives going on all the time you can call your local Red Cross to find out when and where or even go to the local Red Cross and give there when ever. Its a great thing to do and I want to say Thank you for the ones that do it and the ones that have tried, I believe that its something simple everyone should try and do it only takes about an hour and most jobs will give you the time need to go give.

If you have any more questions ask and I will most likely know the answer I have worked a ton or blood drives.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy.Stardust
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I would love to if the opportunity came around.

Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I haven't in years, but I used to fairly regularly.  My DH does at least 3 times a year.

dragonflykiss44
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I dont, but i dont because i dont think they would want it since i smoke. But i would donate if they would take it.

reelo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Yup, me and my O+ give whenever we can.

NikkiPhoenix
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I haven't been able to.

But I want to thank you!  People who gave blood helped my son when he needed two IVIG treatments. 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

"If I am not for me, who will be?  If I am for myself alone, what am I?  If not now, when?"  Pirke Avot 1:14

I might not agree with every choice he made, but they were made with true intentions.

KaelensMommy06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I give blood when I have the opportunity I just found out Monday that I'm o+ I never knew that they always told me that I had the RH factor but anyway I used to all the time when I was n High School

MommyLoca
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I can't give blood. I am anemic, so they won't take my blood.

momoftwins_3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM

i'm not allowed to donate because of medical conditions but i thank people like you because i had to get 4 units of blood during my pregnancy with my twins and if it wasn't for an unselfish person we might not be here today.

blowing kissesyou rockthank you

KESAVA         KADEEEN(my angel)      KESHON     KAYLEN & KEANNA 

listening to tunesbaby boyice creamboy n girl

siobhan21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Every chance I get.

andreaRC
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

i used to give blood, but i dont anymore even though i wish i could.  i pass out or am on the verge of passing out every time i give blood or even just get a couple of tubes taken out at the doctors.  i have really small veins and they end up poking me (and digging) at LEAST 3-4 times.  they've even poked me up to 12 times once. and another time they had everyone in the lab try......they eventually sent me home and told me to go to the main hospital on Monday (it was a Friday).  they usually wrap me in blankets, put little warmers on my veins, and have to give me water and crackers.  its a mess. 

people that say is all in your head when you pass out are wrong!!  (at least in my case, lol)

i believe anyone that can, should give blood.  there are so many people i need of blood, but not enough to go around.  kuddos to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)