• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So unfair just needed to vent....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM
  • 5 Replies

My husband has worked at the same job since he was fifteen. He's never had any other job, but this. He is now twenty-five.

He makes okay money and he has never complained about his job or asked for a raise since he's been there. I has only called of once or twice, but not much at all.

A few days ago he hurt his hand while he was working. He was going to take half-day that he earned to go have it checked out.

Well, when he went to put his half-day notice in they told him he didn't have one. Of course he thought he did, so he called me to pull all his paycheck stubs to check. I did and according to his stubs he has a half-day.

He toughed it through that day and came home to look at his check stubs. I was right he had a half-day and they also shorted him on time. So the next day he thought he would go and tell them that they made a mistake.

Well, the boss got mad and said he doesn't like people questioning his authority. They wouldn't give him his half-day or pay him for the hour and a half he was shorted.

He was ticked, but what could he do. Now today he went in and found out they are not going to pay him all the overtime he put in and told him he can't work anymore overtime.

It really sucks, because without that we will struggle. I was working, but they only had me on the schedule for one day and by the time I paid the baby-sitter it wasn't worth it so I quit.

Now I don't know what to do and I'm so upset that his work is doing this. It's not right or fair and I don't know what I can do.

Sorry, just need to vent....

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NJRMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM

get a lawyer. What his employer is doing is illegal. Your SO/DH has every right to be paid. I'm currently involved in something similar, only it has to do with doing work off the clock. Which essentially is what you so's employer is telling him he's doing. Ok so he's not allowed to work overtime anymore.. but he still needs to be compensated for the work he's done. And if I've read correctly, if your so was hurt at work, they have no choice but to let him be seen by a doctor, especailly if it's something that could lead to something serious (like a cut getting infected). I would at least consult with a lawyer, and let the employer know that you are considering taking legal action. Hope this Helps

virgosuperstar
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Quoting NJRMommy:

get a lawyer. What his employer is doing is illegal. Your SO/DH has every right to be paid. I'm currently involved in something similar, only it has to do with doing work off the clock. Which essentially is what you so's employer is telling him he's doing. Ok so he's not allowed to work overtime anymore.. but he still needs to be compensated for the work he's done. And if I've read correctly, if your so was hurt at work, they have no choice but to let him be seen by a doctor, especailly if it's something that could lead to something serious (like a cut getting infected). I would at least consult with a lawyer, and let the employer know that you are considering taking legal action. Hope this Helps

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I agree

Quoting NJRMommy:

mommaddie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM

They cannot do this..it is illegal. plus if he got hurt at work, dont they HAVE to get him checked out on their dime????

im so sorry for tthe issues you are having..i hope it all works out

faeryheart
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM

find the website for the department of labor in your area and worker's compensation. if he was hurt on the job, it's their responsibility to cover any medical costs, time off from work etc. they can't with hold the overtime pay he has already worked for. good luck!

faeryheart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)