Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with my house ***Pics Included***

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  • 18 Replies

Okay so me & hubby were talking last night & I told him that we needed more room for the children to play because my 7 month old is getting pretty mobile now & our living room is too small & there's not much room for her to get around & play with our over sized furniture & all her baby toys are stuffed in there , I feel like we're living in a sardine can lol. Well our dining room is right off from our living room through an arch way & I was thinking about putting the table up against the back wall (Where the window is) & putting down some of those foam ABC floor mats that connect together & put up a baby gate so she can't get into the kitchen (To the right of the dining room) so the kids & baby can use that as a play area. Hubby thinks she should just play in her bedroom...Um.. What's wrong with this man? I'm not leaving my 7 month old alone in her room to play lol...So anyways here's some pics of the living room & dining room. Maybe you can help me figure this out...

Living room. As you can see theres not alot of room for her to crawl around. She either ends up under the coffee table  or over by the tv messing with stuff she shouldn't have. (Behind me in this picture is the love seat & basket where we keep the shoes)

Dining room. The big tank is where my hermet crabs live. So if I move the table to the wall where the window is , I'll have to move the crabs to another wall I guess.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Why don't you just move the coffee table and maybe sell it and get end tables if you already don't have any?  

KYChica
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I actually thought about this. We have end tables , you just can't see them in this picture. That might actually work !

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Why don't you just move the coffee table and maybe sell it and get end tables if you already don't have any?  

Kat770
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

One of my friends gave me a bit of advice when his daughter destroyed their tv by taking a walnut pick to it.... mount the tv on the wall.  If you do this, it will free up from floor space for the kiddos and keep the tv out reach from being destroyed.

VerucaSallt
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

how big is your kitchen?  Is it an eat in?  If it is I would move the dining set into the kitchen and all the kids crap into the dining room.  Get a full size area rugs.  you can get GREAT storage from IKEA to hold all the toys and everything.  You can get a new tv in there, some toy chests, even build a little dress up stage.

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Can you move the TV

To the right wall and just put the couches with the arms touching then I would just get rid of the coffee table...

Kays_Mama06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Quoting Kat770:

One of my friends gave me a bit of advice when his daughter destroyed their tv by taking a walnut pick to it.... mount the tv on the wall.  If you do this, it will free up from floor space for the kiddos and keep the tv out reach from being destroyed.

That is a good idea.. But from the pic there doesnt seem to be a wall to mount it on..

Kat770
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I'm not sure, but it looks like the wall to the left where the couch is-- that might be a good wall.  and maybe put a couch along where the tv is now and leave the couch on the right side where it is.  *shrugs*

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Kat770:

That is a good idea.. But from the pic there doesnt seem to be a wall to mount it on..

Hisservent
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

your house kinda looks similar to how mine is laid out...and I hear ya, we have very little space too.

our tiny kitchen....

and the dining area

and here's the rest of the house, excuse the messy desk

our room

son's room

front of our house...yes it's a small house. Only 688 sqft but we own it. Hubby bought it 2 years before we were together...he was 20.

as you can see from this pic, our house is currently on the market. We decided back in Aug that it was time to move, not just because of lack of space, but because of the location. We really hope and pray we sell it ASAP cause we have a contingency on another house. Just signed the papers this week.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM. giving heart

Hisservent
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

yeah we got rid of ours and it made a big difference. It was a glass top one too, but it still took up too much room. Plus, my son was banging toys on it.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Why don't you just move the coffee table and maybe sell it and get end tables if you already don't have any?

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM. giving heart

VerucaSallt
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I don't know if your realtor suggested this (God, I hope they did) but I woulg get a storage unit and move as much stuff as possible out of that house.  Someone may be interested in a smaller house until they come in and it's clear YOU don't have enough room so why would they?  It's a tough market... i hope you get a good offer!!

Quoting Hisservent:

your house kinda looks similar to how mine is laid out...and I hear ya, we have very little space too.

as you can see from this pic, our house is currently on the market. We decided back in Aug that it was time to move, not just because of lack of space, but because of the location. We really hope and pray we sell it ASAP cause we have a contingency on another house. Just signed the papers this week.

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)