• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Wins?!?! What is....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

Let's see who has the best story what is the most romantic thing your husband or significant other has ever done for you??

My husband is not a romantic but when we first started dating we had a inside joke and he would sing the little mermaid song and I would make a fish face (we were dorks lol) anyway he was gone all day one day and left me at his house by myself at his house for like two hours ran inside and hid in his room... well when he came out he had a poppy eyed gold fish in a tank with hot pink and green gravel and a wooden heart that he had painted himself that said "you are the only fish in the sea for me... I love you"  and I named my fish mermaid lol

then he sent my flowers form basic training I had no idea he was going to do that I cried and then he suprised me with a journey necklace so he tries.....

your turn I can't wait to hear them!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Aww, how sweet! I wish I had a story for you, but I don't. :( My husband doesn't have a romantic bone in his body...

bookwriter4kids
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Years ago when my DH and I were still dating we went to a huge mall to do some Christmas shopping.  We decided to split up for an hour and meet in the center..we were getting gifts for each other.  I went to our meeting place and waited.  It's a huge open area with a giant fountain and there were poinsettas everywhere, a giant tree all decorated and lights all over.  I could see someone walking with some red balloons and realized it was my SO (at the time).  He walked out to the middle of the floor and got down on his knee....handed me the balloons which said I Love You and had hearts all over them, handed me some roses...1 yellow for always being his friend, 1 white b/c he said I had a pure heart, one pink for being sweet and 1 red b/c "I Love You", he said.  Then he handed me a box and asked me to marry him.  We celebrate our 15th anniversary in July. 

Braylonsmommy19
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Don't feel bad like I said this is two things in four years lol but I am not complaining

Quoting Doudy2148:

Aww, how sweet! I wish I had a story for you, but I don't. :( My husband doesn't have a romantic bone in his body...

ajswenson
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Last year for mother's day I was going to get my hair cut (which was just scheduled then for no special reason) and when I got there I found out he had also scheduled and paid for a pedicure and an hour message....that was a very nice surprise.

Braylonsmommy19
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

aaawww.... wow that is so sweet!!!

Quoting bookwriter4kids:

Years ago when my DH and I were still dating we went to a huge mall to do some Christmas shopping.  We decided to split up for an hour and meet in the center..we were getting gifts for each other.  I went to our meeting place and waited.  It's a huge open area with a giant fountain and there were poinsettas everywhere, a giant tree all decorated and lights all over.  I could see someone walking with some red balloons and realized it was my SO (at the time).  He walked out to the middle of the floor and got down on his knee....handed me the balloons which said I Love You and had hearts all over them, handed me some roses...1 yellow for always being his friend, 1 white b/c he said I had a pure heart, one pink for being sweet and 1 red b/c "I Love You", he said.  Then he handed me a box and asked me to marry him.  We celebrate our 15th anniversary in July. 

Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Well, two things are better than nothing in 12 years, haha. ;) I knew he wasn't romantic, so that's okay, I love him anyway.

Quoting Braylonsmommy19:

Don't feel bad like I said this is two things in four years lol but I am not complaining

Quoting Doudy2148:

sweet-a-kins
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Propsoing

My hubby and I agreed to get married, nothing romantic, talked for days about it (we both have divorced parents) so we picked out rings together and they were sent to be sized

So, a few weeks later he brings me to Penns landing (one of my fav oplaces by the water) and it was so cold! But we wlaked around, cuddled ny the water, paid a man to sing to us while we danced ..LOL..then I said I really gotta go, its freezing! so as we were walking back, we get to this huge star on the ground, he gets on one knee , reads me a poem he wrote and pulls out my ring...there were LOTS of people there clapping for us!! It was the greatest and most romantic he's ever done..and he is so NOT the poem writing guy (I have sinced engraved it)

Also,

In our second year of marriage, we got in a huge fight and we werent speaking to each other for 2 days....It snowed real bad and I still had to go to work but he didnt...so before i got out of bed he puts on his coat and goes outside...I looked out our apartment window, He was cleaning off my car so I didint have too...It really touched me because we were MAD at each other! LOL ..I was being a total super bitc@ and he did that, it was so sweet!

sweet-a-kins
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Very sweet!

Quoting bookwriter4kids:

Braylonsmommy19
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM

aww... that would be an awesome surprise

Quoting ajswenson:

Last year for mother's day I was going to get my hair cut (which was just scheduled then for no special reason) and when I got there I found out he had also scheduled and paid for a pedicure and an hour message....that was a very nice surprise.

Braylonsmommy19
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM

awww...... I think that would be one of the best gift I would have ever gotten I hate clean and scraping snow off my car!! I don't think my husband would get out of bed if he didn't have to lol

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Propsoing

My hubby and I agreed to get married, nothing romantic, talked for days about it (we both have divorced parents) so we picked out rings together and they were sent to be sized

So, a few weeks later he brings me to Penns landing (one of my fav oplaces by the water) and it was so cold! But we wlaked around, cuddled ny the water, paid a man to sing to us while we danced ..LOL..then I said I really gotta go, its freezing! so as we were walking back, we get to this huge star on the ground, he gets on one knee , reads me a poem he wrote and pulls out my ring...there were LOTS of people there clapping for us!! It was the greatest and most romantic he's ever done..and he is so NOT the poem writing guy (I have sinced engraved it)

Also,

In our second year of marriage, we got in a huge fight and we werent speaking to each other for 2 days....It snowed real bad and I still had to go to work but he didnt...so before i got out of bed he puts on his coat and goes outside...I looked out our apartment window, He was cleaning off my car so I didint have too...It really touched me because we were MAD at each other! LOL ..I was being a total super bitc@ and he did that, it was so sweet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)