Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Nostalgia

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM
  • 1 Replies

My baby turns two tomorrow :'( Two years old - two years since I met this amazing little angel who has turned my life upside down in a way I could never imagine. I had no idea how much I could love someone - so much it actually kinda physically hurts sometimes. Like a little squeezing in my chest. I've heard parents say they're "bursting" with pride. It's something you can't fully understand until you actually experience it.

Two years ago, at just about this exact time, my doctor told me I would meet my little girl tomorrow. I can't even tell you what kind of emotion that put into me! I was so excited to finally meet this little life that was fidgeting inside me! I was scared to death, not having much of an idea what to expect. I was nervous - I really did not want to have a C-section and PTL, I didn't have to! There were so many "little" blessing that day that I can look back on. And of course, the biggest blessing I've ever recieved in my life! I just can't believe I am sitting here two years later looking at this little girl - a toddler, no longer a baby. She is so smart and so loving. I can't believe I had and continue to have anything to do with what an amazing person she is and will continue to be.

To share even more of what a big girl I have, she is no longer sleeping in a crib. She has graduated to a toddler bed. David got it all assembled and I thought, "No way, she's not ready for that!" Well she proved me wrong from night one. She loves that little bed and sleeps in it like a champ! Every night, we tuck her giant Pooh Bear in, make sure George has his pillow and blanket, and then Ada lays down with her blankie. We read a story and then she knows what comes next - "Payers!" She squeezes her eyes shut with intense concentration and clasps her little hands closed. Either David or I will start, "Dear Jesus, thank you for..." Ada chimes in "Thank you Jesus!" and somtimes throughout the prayer she'll just burst out, "Thank you Jesus!" and she always ends with a hearty "Aaaa-men!" Then big neck squeezes, smoochies, and "nigh-nigh"s. I love this part of our day (or night if we want to get specific) but I always feel a little sad because it will be about 11 hrs before I see my baby girl again. Sometimes I go in and peek at her just because I miss her.

Everytime someone sneezes, even when she's two rooms away, loud and clear you can hear Ada call out "Bess you!" If something's not going quite right, "Oh Man!" She loves to sit in my lap and watch the kittie cats (that's right, they're no longer cocoas!) and her catch phrase is "Aww cute!"

It's true, my baby is not a baby anymore. Maybe it's the hormones, maybe it's the stress of not being sure how we're going to fit everyone in the house on Sunday, maybe it's normal mommyhood, but thinking about the fact that tomorrow, she will actually be TWO, not almost two, makes me teary. Ada has been the biggest blessing God has ever given me. She has taught me so much and I just can't belive how short life is. The next thing I know I'll be blogging about her HS graduation and all those exciting milestones. (Except technology will probably be something totally different, so who knows what I'll actually be doing!)

Well thanks for bearing with me. Just had to get all this out or it's gonna spill out of my eyes!

Happy Birthday my Ada girl! I love you more than you will ever know!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I know how you feel! I think you should print this out and keep it for her to read one day! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)