Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

constipated 2 year old..

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

what foods would help to soften her up? she goes everyday but when she goes on the potty it looks like its hurting. should i feed her pears, or something different? i have a nurse sister who works on the gi floor and she recommended doing it naturally as she didnt want there to become dependent on the medicine for the problem.  she does eat a lot of fruit. i started givin gher more watero over milk. her poop is super green the last couple times she has oone. normally its brown...tmi sorry.

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChrisKy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Apple juice works for my two year old...within a few hours.

nancycsel
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I buy the Gerber Prune Apple Juice mix and it works on my DD.  

SuzB88
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Prunes work miracles.  If your LO won't eat prunes, you can mix it with applesauce.  It's similar to the juice that the previous poster mentioned, but eating the puree instead of drinking juice gives your toddler more fiber, and that's helpful, too.

Fletchersmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM

You can try a  little Karo syrup in some milk.  I would also put some prune juice in a cup and put it in the freezer until it would get almost frozen like a slushie.  My son would think he had a "slushie".  Also cut out bananas that will constipate more.

jothra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM

DS has been constipated since he was a baby. Well, goes daily, but always very formed. What really worked for him was a mix of apple and prune juice. Canned pears in pear juice also works very well!

jaedynmoon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Prunes!! Natures laxative lol

laurenangelle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I agree with the others about the prune juice. That's why old ppl eat prunes b/c their digestive tracks slow down. Also, raisins are good. Good luck!

MacsMom3807
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

My DD has been constipatd since the day she was born. SHe inherited it from her daddys side of the family. We have it under control now she gets miralax every day as directed by the dr and activa 1-2 times a day. it works great just lots of water with it. My DD will be 2 in March

frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM

since she already likes fruit get her some of those dried prunes. they come in single packaging and its a nice lil finger food she can eat at her leisure ya know? it works for my baby, she's 21 months old. Keep up with the water too.  Good luck!

tab9344
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM

My son gets that way to, (when he goes to his fathers), so I try to make sure that he gets apples of somesort, loves apple sauce,apple juice, & he thinks that the apple dippers at Mcdonalds are french fried, also, grape juice that helps just like prunes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)