Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor boy was sick in the school office for over an hour cause I forgot to give them my new number

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

I feel horrible right now.  I noticed this morning that my 6 year old son felt warm but we were so rushed I didn't think any more of it. So I take him to school and go to get my oil changed.  I was there for almost 2 hours (I will never go there again) when my grandma calls.  The school had been calling my old number for over an hour to tell me he was sick and running a fever so they finally called my grandma.  I had my number changed a few weeks ago and forgot to tell the school.  My poor baby was sick in the office for over an hour.  I feel so bad.  My grandma ran up there and got him.  Bless his heart.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Aww, well at least he is home now and you can love on him. Maybe the school should have called the extra numbers you listed for them before an hour went by... I hope he feels better soon! :)

deejelly
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM

You cant beat yourself up for not being available. Feel lucky that his grandma was able to help save the day. I know my mom saves the day quite a bit for me. :)

siggy
amanda357
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I thought it was strange too that they waited so long to call somebody else.  He's home now and resting. 

Quoting Doudy2148:

Aww, well at least he is home now and you can love on him. Maybe the school should have called the extra numbers you listed for them before an hour went by... I hope he feels better soon! :)

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I have had that happen

Jenn

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
Proudmommy312
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I'm so glad you posted this! It reminded me to tell school that my number has changed too!!!!

Thanks!!!!

B.A.G.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Doudy2148:

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Don't you hate when we (parents) do these things!!! But, I am glad he is with you now and I hope he feels better soon.....

thisloveofmine
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:27 PM

How come they didn't call grandma after you didn't answer the first time?

amanda357
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I know.  Why did they wait so long?

Quoting thisloveofmine:

How come they didn't call grandma after you didn't answer the first time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)