Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FREAKIN ABOUT THE STATE OF CA!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 72 Replies

Ok so let me start by saying as children we were raised on welfare and my mom fought for everything we had or received, she promised to go to school and become a welfare worker to help people the right way and she did!!!

I was told that a letter went out to her county and 27 others that not only welfare checks, but food stamps, foster care & adoption checks were not going out as of march 1st, due to there not being any money.

There are people out there that live on that money just trying to make it for their kids, sick people do fostering for the $, and some relied on the $ for the children they adopted.

With all the lay offs the only help is the state assistance and now that is not even there. I do not get assistance but I'm so scared for all the families this is going to effect, all the innocent children that will do with out, loose homes and not have food to eat!

My family struggles from month to month so i have no way to help any one but I'm feeling so scared for all this will effect while the politics eat great live in luxurious homes and don't NEED anything.

I'm freaking out!!!!

ok there is my vent, thank you for listening, any other thoughts?

The love of my life, my boyskite

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jezzabelle718
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM

how scary!  if that happens what will those people do now...especially the foster parents!

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

Tarra30
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I'm freaked out they will call and say come pick up the kids we cant do this, there is only so much room in orphanage and the poor kids im sooo sad about this right now

Quoting Jezzabelle718:

how scary!  if that happens what will those people do now...especially the foster parents!

Tarra30
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM

ONLY ONE PERSON? WHERE ARE ALL THE CA PEOPLE?

thisloveofmine
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM

That's soooo sad! =(

BingsMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:28 PM

You must be in California. 

I live in Brentwood, CA bay area.

IMO a person should never depend on the welfare system any longer than is drastically needed.  I grew up on Welfare, it's bullshit.  I am 33 now, college educated, laid-off, and I applied for food stamps about 2-weeks ago.  This hole recession is bullshit and I blame the banks and those people who overextended themselves on credit.

I haven't gotten an unemployment check in 3-weeks.  As of this morning, I am out of the basic necessities; milk, conditioner, cat food.  My ex-husband is going to give me some money today, and I wil have to think of creative ways to make $100  last a week.

Someone will step in. Either a foundation or the federal government.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Beyondthesky37
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Wow! Is that happening all over CA?

Landon 3-15-05        Xander 5-16-06      Jadzia 9-25-07

Tarra30
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM

im sooo sorry hun, this breaks my heart.

Quoting BingsMommy:

You must be in California. 

I live in Brentwood, CA bay area.

IMO a person should never depend on the welfare system any longer than is drastically needed.  I grew up on Welfare, it's bullshit.  I am 33 now, college educated, laid-off, and I applied for food stamps about 2-weeks ago.  This hole recession is bullshit and I blame the banks and those people who overextended themselves on credit.

I haven't gotten an unemployment check in 3-weeks.  As of this morning, I am out of the basic necessities; milk, conditioner, cat food.  My ex-husband is going to give me some money today, and I wil have to think of creative ways to make $100  last a week.

Someone will step in. Either a foundation or the federal government.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I am from California originally...

I have been telling people for quite some times that these public assistance programs were going to go bankrupt...so I cant say I am surprised...

But how very sad....

BraydensMommy4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I live in California and it makes me sick that the working class or the poor have to suffer because our representatives can't agree on a budget. Why are they still getting paid? Why are they still getting to drive cars to work that our taxes pay for? Why are they still getting to use gas cards for gas, food and such that our taxes pay for? Why are they still getting the perks and weekends off instead of getting the job done? If this was any other line of work, they would be fired for not doing their job. Isn't it reason enough to get the job done that California is the worst off state in America? Isn't it reason enough that we are used as examples by other states on what NOT to do? C'mon Arnold and team...get your heads out of your asses and get the damn job done. Stop threatening layoffs and aid cuts to the ppl that need it and instead stop paying the reps of CA who don't and won't do their jobs.

BingsMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM

From what I understand, YES!  In addition, Arnold Schwarteneggar is laying off 20,000 state workers today.  I am thinking of moving to Texas or Colorado this summer or later this year, where the unemployment rate is low.   That is if my boyfriend looses his job.

Quoting Beyondthesky37:

Wow! Is that happening all over CA?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)