Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q for working moms. PLEASE HELP.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

I work for a small company; I've been here for almost two years and we're not doing too good. Business is slow and starting this week I will no longer get direct deposit but I'm still getting my check. My boss and the people here are wonderful; they hired me while pregnant, buy me lunch every day and are very understanding but I'm afraid of being left without a job. I started looking around and emailed a few resumes; I got a call back today. I don't know what to do? Should I go to the interview and see what they have to offer or should I wait it out?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
justgrape723
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:28 PM

"go to the interview and see what they have to offer."

I would then go back and have a frank talk with your boss....they may need to let you go but don't want to and are keeping you on hoping things will get better...

G/L

rag_dollmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Ugh, I love where I work!! Thanks for answering. Bump.

Quoting justgrape723:

"go to the interview and see what they have to offer."

I would then go back and have a frank talk with your boss....they may need to let you go but don't want to and are keeping you on hoping things will get better...

G/L

carlyallen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I'm working for a construction company and things aren't too hot over here either. 37 people have been laid off so far. :( I would go to the interview and at least see what they offer. It doesn't hurt to have a plan B. Better than to be surprised if you are let go. Hang in there! :)

stefvan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM

What is that saying - don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Go to the interview!

mfaucette
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I am kind of in the same situation, except i don't really LOVE my job, but I have alot of time invested in it. But I had a call for an interview, went to it, it went good but they are still in negotiations about the pay they can offer me, but I still haven't made up my mind, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what they could offer ya know 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)