Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so aggrivated with my SO

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

My SO started his own construction/tree trimming business last year, after not working for almost 4 months he decided to go back to his old boss trimming trees.  He is a subcontractor so he gets paid cash and the agreement was that he would get paid $150 a day cash.  

Well, Monday comes around and he leaves town with his boss to go work in another town about 4 hours away, he was gone a total of 20 hours that day.  He left our house at 3:30 am and didn't get home until 11:15 pm and his boss wanted him back down there at 3:30 am the next day.  When he got home, I asked him how much he get paid and he said $60.  $60!!  He said that he was supposed to give him the rest of the money on Tuesday.  Well, he ended up missing work on Tuesday to take my dd to the dr and it was raining Wednesday so he didn't work.  He went back to work yesterday and WORKED a total of 10 hours and then had to sit around at his boss' house and wait for the other workers to get back to pay them.  When he got home I again asked him how much he got paid and he said $50.  He said that he was supposed to catch up with him today for all the money that he owes him.

Well, we make weekly payments to my landlord of $150 but I skip 1 week to make a car payment.  So I pay $220 one week and then skip a week and then pay $220 the next week and then the rest of the time it is $150.  Well, last week I paid $220 and I had enough money in there to cover that payment and to live off of until today.  I get online and my landlord hadn't cashed the check yet and there is only $119 in our bank account because he has been buying cigarettes, soda, gas and whatever else while he is out working.  So, I call him up and tell him about it and he asks our landlord to hold off on cashing the check (thank god we are close with them) and he says "well you get paid today" Once I get my paycheck and pay last weeks rent and this week & daycare, I have $10 left over until next Friday.  He proceeds to tell me "well I'm working so we will be fine"  I told him that if his boss didn't pay him all the money he owed him today he wasn't working for him anymore.  He got mad at me and hung up on me!!  His Valentine's present just went out the window LOL

I should also mention that he has to drive an hour to where his boss lives and he drives a gas hog of a truck.  So like the $50 he made the other day at least half of that went into gas. 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
thisloveofmine
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Hmm, he better not be lying.

My SO installs pools in the summertime and in August he started construction but messed that up so we went back to work for his pool boss who decided to just pay him cash for the next month. He would do that too, not pay him all of his money sometimes, but he always paid him all the gas he used to get to and from the jobs they did. He would also give stupid amounts, maybe hoping that he would end up ripping my SO off a little I dunno, but say he owed Josh$120, he would give him like $37 one day and then try to give him like $81 the next. It was SO stupid!

mamabear99
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM

oh... I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.  When my husband was let go at his work, he went to work with someone we knew doing construciton - it seemed that he never got paid what we were expecting.  He only did that for a few months and then we had to move on.

Good luck! 

paigesmommy925
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yeah, that is how this guy is.  He was talking on the phone last night to my SO and he said "well I only owe you the rest of today" and I was like "oh hell no" LOL.  My SO said "no you owe me for Monday too" and he said "oh yeah, I forgot"

Quoting thisloveofmine:

Hmm, he better not be lying.

My SO installs pools in the summertime and in August he started construction but messed that up so we went back to work for his pool boss who decided to just pay him cash for the next month. He would do that too, not pay him all of his money sometimes, but he always paid him all the gas he used to get to and from the jobs they did. He would also give stupid amounts, maybe hoping that he would end up ripping my SO off a little I dunno, but say he owed Josh$120, he would give him like $37 one day and then try to give him like $81 the next. It was SO stupid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)