Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite childhood memories?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

I need some positive today lol!

My favorite is testing the pool chemicals with my grandpa.  He used to let us put the drops in the tube and watch them change color.  It is one of the few strong clear memories of my grandpa (he died when I was 5).

Another favorite...when I was young we lived in Cocoa Beach, Florida.  I loved the beach but my for some reason my strongest memory of the beach is eating sandy sandwiches and pepsi.  Everything we ate was all gritty but we never cared cuz nothing beat spending all day at the ocean!

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom0f2swtgrls
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I grew up in the mountains in PA, we had 13 horses and 500 acres of trails to ride.  I could go get lost for hours out there by myself on my horse.  If I got lost, I just had to drop the reins and tell him to take me home :)  Some wonderful memories.

"We will conserve only what we love. We love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught"

Check out my published content!

Lori2929
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Going to the hicks of wv where my dad was born. that was great!

satin69
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM

lets see...friday nights staying my gr and gr on moms side, horseback riding with grampa on dads side, playing with my dollies, how special my grampa on moms (well and dads too) made me feel...my great grandparents houses and we did together....i loved the outdoors and all it had to offer....oh man thanks for this post i needed it today! 

i think in part all of those special times i have spent with my (great) grandparents make me want to be all that and more to my precious grandson

Ms.Mommy125

Pretty much just playing outside all day everyday, rain, shine, or snow! I miss being little, so carefree!

mommy.gif proud mom image by dianacadena1423

necro1134

my mom living threw 6 surgeries.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I remember waiting ALL year to go on vacation to Sun Valley, Idaho... those 2 weeks in SV were the highlights of my childhood from age 9 on up. Horseback riding, ice skating shows, rafting, fishing, hiking... SHOPPING... I literally counted down the days all year long...

There is a drawing room at the resort on the second floor of the historic Sun Valley Lodge that overlooks the ice rink and the small ski hill and I would stand up in that room... imagining it was mine... When I was 9 years old... that first trip here....I told myself I would live here one day (I was born and raised in Anaheim, CA) and when I was 28 I sold my house and car, bought an SUV and here I am... less than 4 years later... living in paradise!!!!

my-heart-belongs-to3

Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I used to stay the night with my grandparents (my moms parents) every night before Thanksgiving day, I would help my grandma make the stuffing by pulling the crust off the bread, and my grandpa would just sit there and talk to us while we did it, he passed away 7 years ago, I really miss him.

And I have one more...every Sunday after church my dad and I would go to my grandparent's (my dads parents) house and my grandma would cook us breakfast for lunch, then she would play Mario on the old Nintendo with me. :)

I truly miss those days.

LaNette000
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Helping my grandpa feed his farm animals, watching Capt N Kangaroo, and playing outside all day without any worries. 

ElijahsMommy58
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Going to the lake! There was a lake about 15 miles from my house & we'd go every summer. My dod loved fishing, riding his jet ski, swimming, ect. I remember the first time he let me ride his jet ski by myself, I fell off & cried cause it kept going (it eventually stops when you fall off) but I was so scared it was just going to keep going. I was about 7 then. lol And I remember catching my first bass. lol I was young..dont remember exactly how old. But my dad forgot my fishin pole so we just got a long twig, tied string on there, added a hook and a hot dog & I caught a pretty good sized one. The hook got stuck in his mouth & we just cut the hook & let 'em go. But the next week my dad caught the SAME fish. lol So he went ahead & kept it. He also still has my fishin pole. :)

Another good memory is of my mom.. she'd put my baby sister in her stroller & walk to pick me up from school. She has HTLV Type 1 & its causing her to lose the muscles in her legs (similar to MS). So now that she has to use a walker, its nice to look back on when she could walk without any assistance. :) We used to have fun on those walks. One of my friends (this was kindergarden) thought we didnt have a house & her mom followed us home one day so she could see that, yes, we had a house! lol

Oh & High School FOOTBALL GAMES! lol We went to EVERY single home game & almost all the away games. In our small hicktown in Oklahoma that was the only thing to do on a Friday night!

mitch576
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM

summer nights.

catching fire flies... playing manhunt.

building tree houses..... wiffle ball in the back yard.

owner of 30andbeyond...jigsaw ribbon...ADMIN of autism, asperger's, pdd awareness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)