Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a good deal?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

I bought a bed in a bag type thing from Walmart. It was pretty but after the first wash it looked very faded and now after about two years the sheet tore. So I was at marshalls and I saw another for 150$ since I had a horrible experience with the walmart one(paid about 50$ for), I was considering getting the 150$ one. So my question is do any of you know any other ways to get bed coverings sheets, bed skirt, sheet with out elastic, pillow case, and comforter without paying so much. Dh thinks the price is outrageous but hes never bought these type of things before.  I feel like if it will hold up for a few years then it willbe worth it. Also does anyone know if it would be cheaper to buy the pieces separately and put it all together. I saw that macys is having a sale on 400 thread count sheets and was thinking of putting it all together myself. Is 400 thread could good? What does that mean? Oh if any of you have seen anything I am looking for a chocolate brown, and pretty light blue set. Thanks to anyone that helps. California King is our bed size.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
satin69
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM

i would compare prices online to get an idea....thats by far not the worst price i have seen, ross may be another great place to check as well 

ROBIN99
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I THINK THAT IS A LIL HIGH... WHAT SIZE BED IS IT FOR? BUT I WOULD TRY TARGET... THEY HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL COMFORTERS AND SHEET SETS THAT ARE  REASONABLY PRICED....

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM

we have a california king

Quoting ROBIN99:

I THINK THAT IS A LIL HIGH... WHAT SIZE BED IS IT FOR? BUT I WOULD TRY TARGET... THEY HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL COMFORTERS AND SHEET SETS THAT ARE  REASONABLY PRICED....

we have

Nicki1985
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Well for a Cali King, i'd say it's a good price. What all comes in it? Cuase for good quality sheets for that big of abed, you'd pay like $50-$80.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Overstock.com

Their bedding is amazing...and like 50-60% off retail price.

DulceBrowneyes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Ross is a great place to go for the sheets, though I got a comforter from Ross and it lasted a week before tearing. 400 thread count is pretty good; they tend to be softer and stronger, but just look at the weave, make sure it's consistent. Mixxing and matching it what we did; we got a $99 comforter/shams set from Target and got contrasting colors in our sheets and pillowcases (Ross). We've got a chocolate, cream, and ecru color thing going on. I'm thinking of throwing in some green, gold, and red, but I dunno.

Blessed Be

Quoting satin69:

i would compare prices online to get an idea....thats by far not the worst price i have seen, ross may be another great place to check as well 

He lied and never knew that he lied, and when it was pointed out to him said that lies were beautiful. He was an idealist.

- 'Of Human Bondage', W. Somerset Maugham
ROBIN99
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM

SO DO I AND I GOT ALL MINE AT TARGET AND LOVE THEM...

Quoting misssy2000:

we have a california king

Quoting ROBIN99:

we have

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)