Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a sweet kid?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 38 Replies

Last night, I gave my two boys and fiance their V-day presents since my fiance left today for baton rouge. After everyone opened their things(I didn't get anything), Jordan (my 3yo) said "Mama did you get a card?" I said "No, I didn't". He let it go then a few minutes later he asked again and I told him I didn't get one. So I was just cleaning up the kitchen while he was playing with his new stuff and he comes up to me with his card and some of his chocolate and says "I sorry mama, look what I got for you!"

I almost cried it was so sweet. He's gonna make some lady happy one day =] Times like these make me think I'm doing a good job of raising such a sweet selfless boy.

What sweet things have your kids done for you?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JordansMomma013
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:03 PM

bump?

bjwiraden
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I was having a really bad day one morning. I was sick and didn't even want to get out of bed. I did of course, made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen when my DS asked for some clothes so he can get dressed. So I march my not so happy butt up the stairs and get him some clothes, march back down and he's at the bottom of the stairs and says, "You're the bestest mommy in the sea." I laughed so hard I cried. He's a wonderful little boy. BTW I don't know why he said sea lol.

I may have given birth to them, but they gave life to me. William is 5 and Isaiah is 2. I love my boys!!!

SGJsmom

Nope, I am raising a bunch of monsters....lol

mamabear99

My son made me a heart with his footprint!  

JordansMomma013
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Aww that is SO cute!

Quoting bjwiraden:

I was having a really bad day one morning. I was sick and didn't even want to get out of bed. I did of course, made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen when my DS asked for some clothes so he can get dressed. So I march my not so happy butt up the stairs and get him some clothes, march back down and he's at the bottom of the stairs and says, "You're the bestest mommy in the sea." I laughed so hard I cried. He's a wonderful little boy. BTW I don't know why he said sea lol.

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

That is the  sweetest thing !!    you should be so proud !!!!!!

My  12 year old is like that with everyone like me .  She will say things like , "dad sucks for not getting you any thing , i think hes a turd "   she does have a  good heart .

MY  two youngest  1 and 2   year olds ..    well ..  haven't got there yet . Although .. my youngest   always helps clean . "help mommy "  and he actually can sweep .  He makes a little pile    of  dirt ...b ut then    smears is all over again .. lol 

JordansMomma013
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

This is what I usually think lol, but sometimes they surprise me.

Quoting SGJsmom:

Nope, I am raising a bunch of monsters....lol

JordansMomma013
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM

That's really cute! I love homemade gifts

Quoting mamabear99:

My son made me a heart with his footprint!  

bjwiraden
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM

That's funny. My son does the same thing lol. It's a nice thought.....

Quoting Meissilly:

That is the  sweetest thing !!    you should be so proud !!!!!!

My  12 year old is like that with everyone like me .  She will say things like , "dad sucks for not getting you any thing , i think hes a turd "   she does have a  good heart .

MY  two youngest  1 and 2   year olds ..    well ..  haven't got there yet . Although .. my youngest   always helps clean . "help mommy "  and he actually can sweep .  He makes a little pile    of  dirt ...b ut then    smears is all over again .. lol 

I may have given birth to them, but they gave life to me. William is 5 and Isaiah is 2. I love my boys!!!

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM

My son spent his whole allowance to buy me a diamond heart necklace!  He is SO proud.

(I didn't have the heart to tell him it's only costume jewelry) and I'm wearing it, even though I have real gold and diamonds in my bedroom. Nothing in that jewelry box has more value than this little $8 heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)