• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lost my job

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 30 Replies

So i just lost my job due to the glorious economy and Im pretty bummed. I mean I didnt like my job or the hours (i worked nights). I never saw my bf and I was so tired 24/7 because I was up all day with my son, but I made decent money, I could save for things, buy my son nice things, and I could go out to dinner with my friends or bf occasionally not to mention I HATE asking my bf for money. Before I got this job I worked about 10 hours a week beacause I didnt have a sitter for my son and me and my bf fought all the time because I didnt bring in any money. I mean we can make it off what he makes but we are gonna have to start cutting corners. We were living comfortably and now we wont be. He said he isnt mad at me now but I know soon it will start,not like I can just take my son in for an interview if one should arise. I like working and I want to work but I dont know how long it will be before I can get a job. Some hugs would really be nice right about now!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
necro1134
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM

im sorry *hugs*

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I'm truly sorry.

BraydensMommy4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM

hugsHe should never get mad at you about it. The economy is to blame. Not you!

Megan711
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Im sorry to hear that.  hugs 

pricelesslove24
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:15 PM

hugsHopefully things will get better for you. I know a great website that i got hired through and if you want the info pm me and i will give it to you.

Mom to Kelvin (5)&Chelsea(15m) Wife to Lance(26).

moorhead2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM

*hugs* I am sorry momma!! good luck to you

nmjordan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I'm really sorry! This economy stinks

frustrated

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

wendy1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:17 PM

bummer.. what did you do..work wise? 

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

Juann25
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I'm sorry. My husband just lost his job because of the stupid auto industry so I feel ya. HANG IN THERE !

Jynx1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

I know how you feel.  I was laid off back in October, and it WAS a job that I loved, and made good money.  I had to take a paycut to get back to work as soon as I did (not much of one, but the paycut still hurt).

Your BF should NOT be mad at your for this.  The economy is terrible, and things are probably going to get worse before they get better.  If he's going to give you a hard time, finding another BF might actually be easier than finding another job right now.  That's JMO, but he needs to be supportive of you, not bitching about you not having a job.

~ Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes. ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)