Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dumb question, but please help!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

I filed our taxes on Monday and had them direct deposit into our checking account. However, only dh's name is on the account. My friend told me the other day that they won't deposit the money because there is only one name on the account. Do you know if that's true? I've searched the net and can't find an answer =o(

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Bump!

P13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I don't think it's true because it clearly says on there that the refund can be distributed into more then one account so I sure all they need is the routing number and account number. I'm sure the IRS is smart enough to realize that you have the same last name if not then they are dumb considering he's your dh.

DaffysDoll
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Well, my last name on my ss card is still my maiden name. Hope that doesn't cause a problem!

Quoting P13:

I don't think it's true because it clearly says on there that the refund can be distributed into more then one account so I sure all they need is the routing number and account number. I'm sure the IRS is smart enough to realize that you have the same last name if not then they are dumb considering he's your dh.

momto4boys03-07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I dont think this is true.   We direct deposit our taxes every year.   We deposit into my husband shop account and my name is not on it.  so i dont see why  a personal account would matter. 

staci1103
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM

i do know that if both names are on the check that you both have to be at the bank when its deposited, like you cant sign it at home and have him deposit it without you present. 

P13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I went to IRS.gov and hit direct deposit in the search window and it just says that your refund can go into any account that accepts direct deposit. So I assume that if your DH account accepts direct deposit you will be ok regardless of who's name is on there. Good Luck :) hope that helps

Quoting DaffysDoll:

Well, my last name on my ss card is still my maiden name. Hope that doesn't cause a problem!

Quoting P13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)