• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Career" schools, any good?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

Im supposed to start one in March, anyone have any experience with any and fond a good job afterwards??

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
P13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

My SO went to a career school for heavy machine operator. They promised him job placement and said 85% of the students have a job as soon as they graduate b/c they take the last week there to help you with finding a job and blah blah blah. Well needless to say my SO graduated 3rd in his class and 4 mths later still has no job. It was a waste of 18,000 in my opinion but I guess it depends on what kind of career school you're going too.

sweet-a-kins
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Thats what scares me!

Im supposed to go to the Anthem Institute for medical billing and coding

Quoting P13:

My SO went to a career school for heavy machine operator. They promised him job placement and said 85% of the students have a job as soon as they graduate b/c they take the last week there to help you with finding a job and blah blah blah. Well needless to say my SO graduated 3rd in his class and 4 mths later still has no job. It was a waste of 18,000 in my opinion but I guess it depends on what kind of career school you're going too.

P13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

That IDK but i do see alot of ads where they need medical coders so you probably have a better chance at finding a job then he does. We live in illinois and the weather here is always different not to mention all the lay-offs employers have been doing. Good Luck let me know how it goes if you decide to go to the school :) I know medical coders here at the hospital start off at like $19 an hr

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Thats what scares me!

Im supposed to go to the Anthem Institute for medical billing and coding

Quoting P13:

sweet-a-kins
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I will ! Im just looking to get the hell OUT OF RETAIL!! LOL

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM

wave

Hi
sweet-a-kins,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Moms in School

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
>>The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)