• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried...With a new update...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

I posted about this a few days ago and got little responce...I was hopping if anyone could help...I ended my period on Teusday and not sure if that matters...So anyways my feet have been sweeling so bad that I can't stand the pain to be able to walk on them...I have had a migraine off and on for 2 days now...I am not sure if I should be worried or if I am over acting...It is just so hard on me since I have kids and by about 2 or 3 in the afternoon my feet are so swollen that I can't walk at all...At night I can't sleep bc of the pain...I don't have a primary care doc any more...I am not sure if I should just go to the er and have them check me out or just wait 3 weeks when this new doc can get me in....

Update...2/13/09

I am going to the urgent care office in the AM for my feet...When I spoke to the nurse she said that they will be doing some blood work and I may be facing an admitance to the hospital for futher tests...Thanks so much for all the advice...I am just worried bc I want to be home with my baby who just had surgery...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooke501
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Can you go to urgent care? What kind of coverage do you have and what do you have to pay if you go to the ER? If you can afford either I would go as soon as possible. You should not have to be miserable for the next 3 weeks. 

Momto4B1G
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Thanks I have United Health Care...I am looking for urgent care places now but my DH doesn't get home until after 8am and I am worried about taking my youngest son with me since he just had surgery yesterday...

Quoting Brooke501:

Can you go to urgent care? What kind of coverage do you have and what do you have to pay if you go to the ER? If you can afford either I would go as soon as possible. You should not have to be miserable for the next 3 weeks. 

PugBug_117
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Yeah, try to go to urgent care if you can. Maybe someone can watch your son?

thebestbrianne
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I wouldn't go the the ER, but maybe an Urgent Care office. Make sure you pay attention to any other symptoms, even if you don't think they are related, so you can get an accurate diagnosis! I've been watching too much Mystery Diagnosis lately! Anyway, the Urgent Care is usually a much shorter wait and less expensive.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Sunshine201
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I had the same thing happen to me one time.... my feet swelled so bad I could barely put on a shoe and had really bad headaches.....It turned out that my blood pressure was really high...... I went on med for a few days and watched my salt intake and I was fine in a couple days..

wendy1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:23 PM

That doesnt sound normal. A friend of mine has a muscle disease, and it started something like this with the swelling and pain. I dont mean to scare you,  but this is not normal.  

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

Momto4B1G
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Thanks guys...I would have someone watch my son but I don't have anyone who could...I found an urrgent care that is open tommorrow and I am gonna try that...My BP is normal...It is 124/85...I am at the point right now where I can't walk again...I am going to scream...There are so swollen that I can't put my shoes on...

wendy1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM

thats a tad above normal, but just try propping ur feet up and watch your salt as the other mama said. i wish you the best.

Quoting Momto4B1G:

Thanks guys...I would have someone watch my son but I don't have anyone who could...I found an urrgent care that is open tommorrow and I am gonna try that...My BP is normal...It is 124/85...I am at the point right now where I can't walk again...I am going to scream...There are so swollen that I can't put my shoes on...

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

Momto4B1G
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM

BUMP....For new update...

tab9344
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Soak your feet in epson salt (if you have any, you can get it at drug stores) my grandma does that to her feet they swell she is 80 though, go to the doctor/clinic as soon as you can, it could have something to do with blood pressure, salt like the other moms said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)