Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what music did or do you play to soothe your baby?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

If you played music to soothe your baby, what did you play? or do you play?

my 6 week old son LOVES yanni, yiruma, debussy & ludovico einaudi. we discovered it for him about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Baby Icons

Age cannot define how good of a mother you are

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittneyon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM

bump

Baby Icons

MikeysMom51108
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM

My son likes any music, but he sleeps listening to country radio.

thebestbrianne
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I tried a few things but it turned out all she ever wanted to hear was Candle On the Water from Pete's Dragon, it put her to sleep every time!

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Rychelle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM

any kind of nature/meditation music.. like the kind they play when you get a massage... puts him right to sleep

necro1134
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM

my sons will stop crying when he hears -Maniac Spider Trash, The Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, and The Graveyard Boulevard...he also listens to those bands when hes sleeping.(they all are his dads bands)

Cadens_Mommy118
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I have played music for my son while he's sleeping since the day he was born.  When he was little, little, he had one of those Baby Einstein turtle things that has like water in it and it lights up and little fish swirl around inside (he LOVED that thing) but since he's outgrown that I got him the baby einstein lullaby cd's. 

Josslynsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

My daughter is now 17 months old and she has had music playing at night for her every night since she was 2 months old.

Fisher Price's classic melodys I think is one of her faves

I think the other one is Parent's classical music-it has some high pitched notes so I don't play this one often because I find that it doesn't really allow her to sleep as well.

brittneyon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:22 PM

i have that same turtle!!! lol. he loves it. he will stare and coo at it. its sooo adorable.

Quoting Cadens_Mommy118:

I have played music for my son while he's sleeping since the day he was born.  When he was little, little, he had one of those Baby Einstein turtle things that has like water in it and it lights up and little fish swirl around inside (he LOVED that thing) but since he's outgrown that I got him the baby einstein lullaby cd's. 

Baby Icons

jesikarabit
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM

When I was still pregnant, I would listen to Elton John nonstop, especially "Your Song".

So when my son was born, that was the only song that would make him stop crying... worked every time!

jojosmom2002
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM

My son used to go to sleep to the undertakers entrance music

I am a disabled SAHM to a disabled son who is my light.  I am a vaccinating,circumsizing, spanking timeout giving,  Roughhousing,tattooed, biker,racecar loving, mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)