Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy or Girl?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was told that if you want a girl to have sex earlier in your ovulation, and if you want a boy to do it later in the ovulation. Is this true and has anyone on here done it that way and gotten what you wanted?? I have 2 boys and really want a girl, but DH thinks I'm crazy about this theory. Just wondering if this is totally made up or not :)

Thanks for replying!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iluvmylilmen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Anyone???

lenalove
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM

i didnt do it, my pregnancy was unplanned. but it is true. sperm carrying the female gene are slower swimming, but live longer. so if you want a girl, if you have sex before/at beginning of ovulation, hopefully the male sperms will die off, and the female ones will implant the egg

gigglefiend121
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Quoting lenalove:

i didnt do it, my pregnancy was unplanned. but it is true. sperm carrying the female gene are slower swimming, but live longer. so if you want a girl, if you have sex before/at beginning of ovulation, hopefully the male sperms will die off, and the female ones will implant the egg

I have heard this but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. 

iluvmylilmen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I heard it from some people at work...but not from someone who's done it and gotten the results that they wanted....I figured it's worth the try though :)

alee72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I got pregnant with my both boys after ovulation and i got 1 girl in my early ovulation days ..so for us it worked;-)

CarterMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

That's what i heard in the TTC a Girl group

i won't know until March 2nd if it worked or not, but i think this one is a girl after my 2 boys

my first wasn't really planned but my 2nd i'm pretty sure we concieved on the day i ovulated (but we were having sex everyday because we really wanted to get pregnant so i'm not 100%) 

Mandafers
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Actually the opposite is true. We studied it in A&P. "Girl Sperm" can swim faster than "boy" sperm, but boy sperm can swim farther. The farther along your egg is in the fallopian tube, the more likely the girl sperm will get there. However, earlier in ovulation, when your egg is still closer to the ovarie, the more likely a boy sperm will get to it first.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)