• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!!! WTH is wrong with me? UPDATE!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
I don't know why, but I am always checking up on my DH. He has done nothing to make me suspect he is cheating, but I continue to snoop!!!

Last night was bad. I was driving home, and I know my DH has had his phone shut off for some time. Something possessed me to call it, and check his voice mail. Well, there was a message from a female voice that sounded a lot like his ex-wife, and at the end of the message, I heard, "I love you."

Yup, you guessed it, I was sent into a rampage. I turned my car around to go back to my DH, and pounded up the stairs with the message playing on my speaker phone. I was ready to kill him. Dh looked confused, and rightly so. The message was from his mother, who was very tired when she left it. I had mistaken her sleepy voice for his ex-wife's sultry, sexy, "I miss you baby" voice. DH isn't talking to me. I tried to apologize, but he says there is no excuse. He says, "What's the point of being faithful if you have no faith in me?" He also wonders if I am having an affair because I'm so hell-bent on catching him in one. (Of course I've never dreamed of it, I love him so much it hurts)

My ex had an affair that I was blind to for a long time. My DH says it shouldn't matter, because I am married to him now. I always have that fear in the back of my mind....how do I get rid of it? And how do I fix this mess I made?

Yea, Valentines Day!!! I guess he has forgiven me....I woke up this morning to find a bouquet of roses and Lilies (my fav) and a box of chocolates. The sweetest part? The card....b/c he signed it "forever faithful." Oh, I love him......I am a lucky, lucky woman.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bethmoore71
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:32 PM

counseling, counseling, then more counseling until you feel that you can 100% trust your new DH

staci1103
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Oh boy you certainly put your foot in it this time, huh? lol!  That sucks, just try to make it up to him some how and I'm sure he will forgive you eventually.  Good luck to you...

JoeMama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Quoting staci1103:

Oh boy you certainly put your foot in it this time, huh? lol!  That sucks, just try to make it up to him some how and I'm sure he will forgive you eventually.  Good luck to you...

WildKat
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.  This episode is about your (OP) own insecurities and your past - not your current husband.  Get professional help in processing your ex's betrayal before this destroys the good thing you have right now.

Peace,

Kat

Quoting bethmoore71:

counseling, counseling, then more counseling until you feel that you can 100% trust your new DH

jenmay44me
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:45 PM

WOW. Your DH has every right in the world in being upset at you. That was wrong. I think you really need to take a step back, look at YOURSELF, and realize that the man who cheated on you is GONE. You have a second chance at happiness..... so dont screw it up with YOUR insecurities... Good luck.

LovingMyLoves
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I have to agree with this!

Quoting bethmoore71:

steveswife1130
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Bump for update
etklacik
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Quoting bethmoore71:

I agree. It isnt always something you can fix on your own. TRUST is a huge issue that sometimes can never be repaired. Counseling can help you control the emotions so hte next time, you can politely ask him instead of accusing.

Tiffany

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)