Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong ?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 35 Replies

I'm new here and just starting to get the ang of this so forgive me if I shouldn't have posted here or whatever else. Anyhow, I'm 16 & lost my daughter in dec of 08, at 19 weeks gestation.. Is it wrong & selfish of me for wanting to TTC another baby if I know for a SURE FACT that the child will be well taken care of ??

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElShaddi
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM

so sorry momma. You do what feels right for you if ou think you can handle it then go for it. I lost 2 babies so am truly sorry. 

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I think it is wrong. You're young and have your whole life ahead of you to have children. Whether you believe the child will be well taken care of or not. Wait til your older. Finish school first. Be a kid and do what it is teenagers do. Once you have a child your whole life then revolves around that child and there's no more fun and games.

momcat437
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Please don't think I'm bashing, 'cuz I'm truly not, but if you're only sixteen, you might want to wait until you're a little older--having a baby is harder than anyone who hasn't had one knows...and it's a lifelong committment--please think it over for a while...

iluvmylilmen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I don't think it's "wrong", but I think that I would wait. I understand how you'd want another one, but maybe it's not meant to be right now. You should finish school first...But it's your life and you're going to do what you want to do....good luck!

missyrooTX
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Hon, you are so young.  Your life will take so many different paths as you grow older.  So many people will move in and out of your life.  Concentrate on your future.  Concentrate on achieving the goals you've set for yourself.  Take lots of time to heal and be gentle with yourself. 

LuvmySFSGT
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM

How can you provide for your child at 16...you cant even legally rent somewhere to live.

I am sorry for your loss...but children are hard work and expensive...and it is very selfish if you are going to depend on family or the tax payers to provide for your child.

thebestbrianne
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Here's something I've noticed, when older women who are trying to ge pregnant miscarry, they are often afraid to try again and when younger girls get pregnant and miscarry they generally want another even if they aren't in a stable place (emotionally or financially) to have a baby. I am so sorry for your loss, but don't you think it would be better to wait until you are in a better place in your life? Not just better for you, but better for your future children.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

ElShaddi
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I need to edit my first reply.I read 19 not 16. You are so young you should wait until your older. 

ElijahsMommy58

I think its normal to want another baby, probably because you already got attatched to the one that you lost. But if I were you, I'd wait. 16 is awfully young. I had my son at 18. I was out of High School. But the morning sickness was so bad that I had to drop out of college, I lost nearly all my friends. The father & I ARE together, and we love our life, but I still kind of feel like I'm missing out on so many things. I'm not the kind of mom who will dump her kid every weekend to go party. I've NEVER been to a club, or a bar, or anything because I stay at home with my son every night. Your just so young. Please think about it before you try to get pregnant again.

Momma_Kye

Acctually, I can rent a place, I already have a place, I dont depend on my parents in any way shape or form, or tax payers money, my boyfriend works, & have a job waiting for me..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)