• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby girl

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

My dd will be 2 in march and has had a bad couple of days.  Yesterday while i was getting the laundry she decide to play with her baby sisters car seat and flip right into our coffee table.  I heard a loud thud and her scream. I went running and she had a huge black eye.  Felt so bad, ever since I had her sister she has been rervering sp?back to being a baby and playing with all her things she has grown out of.  Well today she was chasing her older brother and ran right into the computer chair and now she has a bruise under the other eye:(.  I think i am going to buy her a batting helmet. Any one  child as accident prone as mine?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
blondenoah
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM

yes my 4 year old is always hitting his head i dont make a big deal of it tho my ne year old is running and falls i say "baby go splat!" and he laughs instead of crying

Nikki1218
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM

My daughter is just as accident prone.  There isn't a week that goes by that she doesn't have some injury from school.  She's in kindergarten, and I swear the school nurse knows her by sight at this point.  LOL  She's been that way ever since she was little.  In preschool I would get at least two incident reports a week from accidents that she had.  I always tell her I'm going to get her a football helmet to wear and wrap her in bubble wrap!

staci1103
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:51 PM

my kids werent really accident prone but i feel so sorry for your LO.  hope she has a better next few days!

a.opat
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM

yes in fact, my son last week was soo bad i thought i would have to give him a padded suit. he fell and hit his temple on the hightabed(Sp?) which left a cut, fell out of the wagon his cousin was pulling got scraches and a black eye,fell down and hit the corner of a door way which left a bruise in the middle of his forehead, and fell on his sippy cup which left a bruise under the eye that he already had a black eye

The Opat Clan!

elvir2babes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM

bump

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

ElijahsMommy58
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Yes! For awhile, every day I was getting calls from his daycare about him running into this, falling onto that, getting bit by another kid... he's always getting hurt. :(

montanagirl02
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

OMG, Yes! My kids are so accident prone it's not even funny. I worry that the doctor or someone is going to call cps on me. My daughter always has a couple of bruises somewhere and for the longest time it always looked like she a black eye or two. I asked her doc what I should do and he said nothing, she's a kid and it happens. It only got worse since her baby brother has been around.  Kids will be kids. All you can do is keep your eye on them. Hope your LO has better days coming!

canagirl95
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:58 PM

sadly I am that accident prone!  My youngest son had a 3 month period of time where he had either staples or stitches put in every other week! 

POMMOM335
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I don't recall my kids being so clumsy, but my grandkids surely are. I have noticed a lot of younger kids are clumsy. ' A lot of older children will pull on car seats, I don't think she wanted to hurt her sister. She probably just wanted to see her sister. Give her lots of attention so she will know she is still loved by you. She may be feeling that you love the new baby more than her.  Good luck and God Bless.         Vicki              pommom335

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)