• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How unfair is this?!?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 24 Replies

So I got called for jury duty next month.  In my packet of information, I noticed that they have crossed some things out.  So I start investigating, and realize that they have decided to no longer pay for jurors' parking!  I live in a fairly large city, so street parking downtown in next to impossible.  There is a large parking ramp attached to the courthouse, and everytime I've ever parked there I've noticed a huge sign on one side of the ramp saying "juror parking only".  Apparently, jurors have always parked there for free.  Makes sense, right?  If you are going to force people to take off work and compensate them with a pathetic little daily wage, the least you could do is give them someplace to park.  But not anymore!  Now we are still instructed to park there, but it will cost us $7.50 per day!  Maybe I'm just a cheapskate, but that really pisses me off!  I'm seriously thinking about calling the news and cluing them in to this.  Ok I'm sorry for that rant, but I am just so pissed!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thebestbrianne
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM

What a bunch of crap! I'd be pissed.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

justgrape723
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM

call your local news station 

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I'd be pissed too. I wonder what the problem is? The economy?

WildKat
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM

While it's inconvenient, a lot of towns are cutting things like police and fire rescue and teachers and kindergarten due to budget cuts in this economy.  Honestly - $7.50 doesn't seem like a big deal to me in light of all that.

Peace,

Kat

8children
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Ok, so if it cost you 7.50 a day , are you actually going to be making anything?? lol

Sorry, its just the government.  What else can you expect theyre not going to give you anything for free.  God bless.

mamamissy316
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:11 PM

That's my plan!

Quoting justgrape723:

call your local news station 

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Me toooooooo

Quoting thebestbrianne:

What a bunch of crap! I'd be pissed.

thisnametaken
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Gah, that bites.

I'm a toe-stubbing, coffee drinking, loud laughing, chocolate addicted, chunky mom with a totally inappropriate sense of humor.
Educated moms don't ASSume that parenting choices are one size fits all.

mamamissy316
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I actually think it's because of our "mayor".  He's a real douchebag.  I signed a petition a few months ago to recall him.  Last week, just days before the recall process was to begin, he resigned.    He was under scrutiny for all kinds of things, but mainly because of how badly he screwed up the city's finances.  My guess is that this might be an offshoot of that.

Quoting Ziggy.Stardust:

I'd be pissed too. I wonder what the problem is? The economy?

shrinkinme
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I agree.  wouldn't you rather have sufficeint emergancy personnel than free parking?

Quoting WildKat:

While it's inconvenient, a lot of towns are cutting things like police and fire rescue and teachers and kindergarten due to budget cuts in this economy.  Honestly - $7.50 doesn't seem like a big deal to me in light of all that.

Peace,

Kat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)