Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, my DD is spoiled, how bout yours? What's for Vday?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM
  • 91 Replies

So ladies, I took my 7 year old DD for a girls day out last Saturday. She wanted a new pair of Nikes, got those, and I wanted to get her some new clothes also, so of course, got lots of those, lol. She loves Claires in the mall (little girly store with makeup, jewelry etc.), I called that stop her Valentines gift from me, she got lots of earrings, perfume, makeup etc. So, all week I'm thinking she's not gonna have anything for tommorow, so at lunch I go to the girly store in town and buy a few little lotions, a frame etc. - not alot of money ($12), but still, she's definitly spoiled, and I totally admit it's my fault, lol. So what are your kiddos getting for Vday?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookwriter4kids
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Valentine's Day is for LOVERS....I get my kids a card and a special candy...the REAL gifts come later between my DH and Me.

*cringes *...to think of a 7 yr old girl with make up and perfume

Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I agree! :)

Quoting bookwriter4kids:

Valentine's Day is for LOVERS....I get my kids a card and a special candy...the REAL gifts come later between my DH and Me.

themacs4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I got my daughter & SD some lip balms, lotions, & finger nail polish.  I got a little clear pink & red carrying case to put it all in.  Cute & inexpensive & hopefully they like them.  My daughter is 11 & my SD is 9.  I got my 13 month old a little stuffed animal, too.  It was $5.

parkerkamismom

I don't think Valentine's Day is JUST for lovers....it's for those you love.  Anyway, we don't go all out, just a little goodie bag.  This year, my daughter is getting a stuffed bear and some candy and my son is getting a CD, truck and candy and, of course, they each will get a card.

I think we'll get one of the heart shaped pizza's from Papa Murphy's too - my kids would LOVE that.  lol 

smiles2008

i don't get them anything more then a card its not a day for kids JMO

makbenmomi

I always get my kids something too...got my daughter a new doll and some candy and a junie B jones book and got my son some new cars and candy and a caillou movie and a book too.  I just think its nice, didn't get the baby anything though.

jspy72

My 4 year old is getting a pink Webkinz and a box of chocolates. My 16 month old is getting a stuffed frog. That is it.

I am a mom that loves her kids Thinks she is better than you Has better behaved kids Has cuter kids I have a more handsome husband than you If you are still reading this you probably hate me That is ok because I don't care I think these siggys are stupid Oh and I love sarcasm duh

xanayda
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:05 PM

my daughter is 3 and she might get a small stuffed animal... no reason to go all out on v day for a 3 year old... and plus i do kinda agree that v day is for lovers... :)

MaddieBsMommy

Wow! Made you cringe, lmao! I never would've thought this would be a negative post! When I say "makeup" I'm talking about lip gloss etc., not something she wears on a regular basis. Hope you and your DH have a good one though.

Quoting bookwriter4kids:

smiles2008

we're doing the heart shaped pizza's too!!

Quoting parkerkamismom:

I don't think Valentine's Day is JUST for lovers....it's for those you love.  Anyway, we don't go all out, just a little goodie bag.  This year, my daughter is getting a stuffed bear and some candy and my son is getting a CD, truck and candy and, of course, they each will get a card.

I think we'll get one of the heart shaped pizza's from Papa Murphy's too - my kids would LOVE that.  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)