Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get flowers????

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am a Receptionist and I was not looking forward to today being Valentines coming tomorrow. Usually there are so many flower delivers the day before Valentines if it falls on a weekend and we have not gotten one delivery and the day is almost done. I am shocked!! Sadly it shows how bad the economy is getting but on the positive note I don't have to keep wishing they are for me every delivery! Ha ha! Just bored and wanted to share! Did any of you ladies receive flowers today?

happy valentinebunch of roses

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystallynn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Not today, but I did get flowers twice this week already.

nancycsel
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I've been with my husband for 15 years (dated 11 years married for 4) and only once did he have flowers delivered to me. Ohh he gets me flowers every now and then but usually brings them home. I won't complain.. but I'd love to have them delivered to my work!

themacs4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Yes, but he was my delivery guy!  LOL..He stopped by the florist before bringing them to me!

northernmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

my hubby had flowers sent to me at home yesterday. it was kinda nice cause i wasn't expecting them at all!

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
MyJoieDeVivre
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I had roses delivered to my home this morning from DH, with a small teddy bear and chocolates. We've been together quite a number of years, and this is the first time he's had flowers delivered (he usually brings them himself). It was a very nice surprise!

jakesmom0203
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM

bunch of rosesMy hubby just delivered my favorite flower tulips to me. And its not my v-day present its just been a rough week for us( my great grandma passed away Wednesday, and our daughter was supposed to released from the hospital Wednesday but had a set back) He just thought it would make my day better. I just love him so much

mae_01_sw
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I'm sorry about your loss, I also had someone pass away just last week, my stepdad's brother, he was close to my age only 28, so I just wanted to say I hope things get better for you and your family. And to the OP my hubby brought me flowers home yesterday but he got them at Wal-mart, so they weren't delivered.

Quoting jakesmom0203:

bunch of rosesMy hubby just delivered my favorite flower tulips to me. And its not my v-day present its just been a rough week for us( my great grandma passed away Wednesday, and our daughter was supposed to released from the hospital Wednesday but had a set back) He just thought it would make my day better. I just love him so much

mamamissy316
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM

No, but my husband knows better.  I'm not a fan of cut flowers.  It's like taking something beautiful, killing it, and giving me the fresh corpse so I can watch it rot in a week.  I would rather get a potted plant any day.   My hubby usually gets me some pretty flowers that I can transplant to the yard when spring comes.  But my husband always gives them to me in person.  We think it's sweeter and more intimate that way!

mamameg82
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I am hoping I will get some tomorrow.

Erika560
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

My flowers were delivered this morning.  100 baby roses they are beautiful...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)