Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

severe diaper rash!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 25 Replies

my poor baby boy has the worst diaper rash i have ever seen in my life!! of course his first one is the worst!! he's been vomiting and has had really bad diarrhea since monday...and of course no doctor will help me out! anyways, i went from using wipes to a warm cloth with mild soap and using a think layer of butt paste. it was so raw to where the skin had broken a bit and was bleeding!! didnt know if anyone had had this experience with their children at all, or what you used??? any advice on helping with the diarrhea??? dont see how he has been since he hasn't eaten a real meal since sunday! can anyone help?! my 18 month old is usually as happy as can be...it kills me to see him this way! thanks!

Blinki-th_littleboy.gif Boy image by summer8716Mom wAttitudeStay At Home Momrock chicksuper bitchstretch marksUntitled-6.gif by Mandy image by SigShowBlinkiestattoo.gif tattoo image by drgoodhead01thtoddler.gif toddler image by gabriellejayda-lee

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefvan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Get some Lotrimin (you can get the store brand).  It's in the section where they sell foot meds.  Honestly, it works great.

thebestbrianne
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Poor guy. The Boudreax (sp?) butt paste always works best for us.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

bookwriter4kids
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM

My baby got rashes like that and I used warm water with cottom balls to pat his bottom dry.  Air drying is best, and then used the rash cream.  It'll go away.  You should have seen his bottom when he was born.  Those doctors scrubbed him raw! 

laurenangelle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Try putting A and D ointment on it. Those white diaper rash creams sometimes make it burn and they will scream even more. The A and D ointment will heal the skin. Just make sure you keep him hydrated well with pedialyte or things like gatorade. It's ok if he isn't eating as long as you are giving him lots of fluids and he isnt losing weight. Hope he feels better soon.

heartstolen08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I use aquaphor, its in the lotions, it works great and doesnt sting him. Poor baby my son got one like this, he screamed when I would wipe him and I wanted to die!!

beansmama06

My Dd has had some bad rashes, and we would use the mild soap like you"re doing, and also some triple paste. We also would let her go w/out a diaper for a little whille, because letting the area air out can help.

shrinkinme

You could try that, if it's yeast related that will help.  It's probably just from the diarrhea, it's very acidic and hard on their skin.  Let him run around with out a diaper on if you can, that will help also.  As far as his tummy trouble...have you tried the BRAT diet?  I would cut back on milk until he's feeling better, just make sure he's dirkning lots of water/pedialyte/juice or something!

Quoting stefvan:

Get some Lotrimin (you can get the store brand).  It's in the section where they sell foot meds.  Honestly, it works great.

anne09
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Use Desitin Cream for the rash, it does an excellent job of protecting   & healing the area.

You should really speak to a doctor about this prolonged problem.  Even call a clinic and explain what's going on.  I wouldn't want to tell you what to do, it may be something that needs your doctor's attention. 

Doudy2148

I use Dr. Smith's Diaper Cream, you can find it at Wal-Mart. Also if you give him White Grape Juice that will help settle his stomach and can help with the vomiting. I hope his little tush gets better soon!

KellyOh72

Gatorade and pedialite. Maybe some crackers. He can also have yogurt.

As far as the rash, switch between all of them. Use unscented wipes. Also put baby powder with whatever cream you are using. Thats what I did for my son when he had a tummy bug. It really helped him. GL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)