Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gripe water

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

how many mommas out there have used this stuff, did it work, and how old were your kids when you started it?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jaedynmoon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

That is what got me through my daughter's first 3 months....she had horrible colic and reflux and I used the Little Tummies Gripe Water and the doctor had me giving her that and gas drops along with hypoallergenic formula from like 4 or 6 weeks.  It works sooooooo good and sometimes it was the only thing that would calm my daughters tummy

purplehayes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I used it at 3 weeks and it definitely stopped the crying...for about 5 minutes.  Axel had really awful gas pains until he was about 5 months old.  I found that Mylicon worked slightly better.

ImransMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I used it and I swear by it.

WvPhotobug
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I was wondering about this. DS is 6 MONTHS old and STILL has horrible colic. It's better than it was, but I still dont get much sleep and I get nothing done all day. How much/often and how do you give it to them? Is it straight or mixed in something?

Memaw08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM

My dd has used it since my grandson was a month old. He gets gassy right before bed so giving him that right before he goes to bed has worked miracles.

Wish I would have known about it when mine were little. Just never heard of it.

SamiJ18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

it did not work for my daughter but then again, she had really bad colic and reflux.  she actually had to get medicine for her colic.  and they changed her formula for her reflux but it didn't work so we were told to put cereal in her bottles and baby food and it worked a little bit...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)