Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever quit a CM group because you liked the group but not the owner?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you ever quit a group where you liked the people but not the owner?

Options:

Yes

No

I didn't like the owner but stayed

I quit, it was just too much of a hassle

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

Just curious because one group I belong too I really like the people but don't like the owner at all and am trying to decide if to quit or not. Would like to hear your opinions and experiences.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovemymarine306
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

i can think of a group or two where the owner gets on my last nerves...but i won't quit because of her

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

WildKat
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I am in two groups that this reminded me of.  One was on the verge of going in two different directions - and when it picked one - a lot of the regulars left.  (I haven't...)

Another one I thought would be great but I recently responded to a post (which it turned out was the owner) with what I thought was a very supportive response.  Her and her buddies who are tight all ganged up and said that I "crapped on her".  I can't even tell you how close I am to leaving that group.  Unfortunately it's around my son's medical condition so I still want the info.  Won't be posting anytime soon in there, though.  SO unwelcoming.

Peace,

Kat

nanjo33

No, but I have an issue with one of the groups that I am in.  I posted something and it got deleted.  I was told by admin. that it was against their policy.  I read through the group rules and CM rules and found nothing.  So I responded back to her (very nicely) and said that I did not find anything about not being able to post what I did.  She never responded back.

rag_dollmom

I've quit a few because the group got on my nerves :)

Tazz2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I'm not a quitter.  I make them kick me out and block me.

Jezzabelle718
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I never really pay attention to who the owners are.  But no one has ever peeved me enough to quit.  I either lose interest in the group or I don't post enough and they boot me.

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

Bianca008
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I was invited to join a couple groups that I have left only because I refuse to watch drama and not drama we see here . I mean drama and trash talk so much . Calling each other the c-word and terrible degrading things . I asked myself  where have these girls seen me post anything negative that I would be invited to their groups . OH it was ugly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)