Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raining cats and dogs and all kinds of stuff!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am in California and it is pouring and it is very cold. When you have crappy weather do you stay home and put off your errands? If you work out of the home I know you cant stay home but when you are not working and the weather is yucky do you stay at home?

I have a few things that I need to do but I dont want to leave the house. I keep going over in my mind if these errands can wait.

What is the weather like where you are?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM

i'm in san diego and i'm waiting for the rain to start.  i try not to go out that much in big rain storms because apparently people in san diego don't know how to drive in the rain!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Brooke501
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I am in Ventura County and it has been raining for hours. People cant drive in the rain here either.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

i'm in san diego and i'm waiting for the rain to start.  i try not to go out that much in big rain storms because apparently people in san diego don't know how to drive in the rain!

evansmommy0828
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM
I live in Iowa and would absolutely love it if rain was the biggest problem. I'm sorry, but it is kind of laughable that you would put off errands because of rain. Yes, it is hazardous sometimes, but really, if we just didn't go out in crappy weather we couldn't get anything done for 7 months out of the year around here. Now, I'm for sure more hesitant to do them, and I might whine to DH about it.. ;)
Brooke501
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Laugh all you want. Tomorrow The sun will be out here and you will be freezing your tush off!

Rain is not the only problem. Visibility is low because it is coming down in sheets. Roads are flooding all around my area and there are mud slide warnings for the burn areas. 

Quoting evansmommy0828:

I live in Iowa and would absolutely love it if rain was the biggest problem. I'm sorry, but it is kind of laughable that you would put off errands because of rain. Yes, it is hazardous sometimes, but really, if we just didn't go out in crappy weather we couldn't get anything done for 7 months out of the year around here. Now, I'm for sure more hesitant to do them, and I might whine to DH about it.. ;)

evansmommy0828
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Hey, you asked what we do, and that is what we do! We deal. If it is dangerous, then of course don't go out, but when I hear about southern schools shutting down because of an inch of snow, its kind of ridiculous.
PUMPKIN1117
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM

i stay home...i have to go shopping and i refuse!! i dont know what to make for dinner because i was supposed to go get groceries but not in this rain!! ::shakes head:: heck no! 

Georgina

Blinkies

iluvmylilmen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I'm in Nor Cal and it's pouring...but I went out now because the big storm's going to come tonight/tomorrow and I needed to go shopping so I just got back and now I can sit at home until Sunday!

Teespot
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:50 PM

oh ppppplease....until a few days ago we had a month worth of snow then a week of ice and the temp was below 20 and as low as below 6 ...we deal with it...erands...school...work...driving....can't get in then you can't get out of the drive way...now its nice....the rain brought flooding so did the Icejam on the River.... my drive way is now a Lake...the wind was so bad trashcans flying was the norm....but what the heck...things could be worse....

Welcome to Matamoras, PA

Susanjdv861
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

i am in riverside co and its barely starting to rain here. but since it never rains here i can put off my errands till its stop usually. i don't mind driving in the rain i just scared of all the idiots here that don't know how to drive in the rain. so i just wait till it stops.

PUMPKIN1117
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

oh my gosh the sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta run to the store!!!!!!!! 

Georgina

Blinkies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)