Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG... my inlaws hate me BUT...../

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 19 Replies

I HATE my in-laws... and they really cannot stand me... and we all have our good reasons... but then they do something nice like this...

Money is tight this month because of the move (first, last, and deposit were $4500 plus hiring people to move us and paint and stuff) and I was gonna have to use part of Molly's disability check for formula and diapers (normally, I bank half in a trust account fo rher and the other half I use for gas to and from her appointments 3 hours away) Anyway.... I just went out to the mail. The kids V-Day cards were there with $20 bucks each... pretty nice right? Then me and DH's VDay card was opened and there was $100. REALLY NICE!!!! And then my birthday card... another $100... and then our anniversary card...

and $500 was in there!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it... I am so grateful right now and it makes it harder to hate them!!!

my-heart-belongs-to3

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CarlaD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Thats awesome! I hope there are no strings attached..that'd be my first thought with my inlaws! LOL!

JsMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I love love love my In-laws. They do stuff like that ALL the time!! 

dragonflykiss44
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM

AWW maybe they dont hate you after all. i damn surewouldnt give someone i hated that much money LOL.

stefvan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM

That is wonderful.  Don't hate them - you wouldn't have your dh without them.

briana_paige
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Mine too. They have practically given me every piece of furniture in my house.

Quoting JsMomma:

I love love love my In-laws. They do stuff like that ALL the time!! 

Brooke501
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Hard to hate 'em now, huh? My in-laws are in their 80's and cant afford to do stuff like that but my parents can and they do. Spend your money the way you want it is a gift! 

cayleybre
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Wow thats awesome, I wish mine would do that...lol.  You should really do something nice for them now.   

heartstolen08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM

we must have the same in laws cuz thast what I always think too!

Quoting CarlaD:

Thats awesome! I hope there are no strings attached..that'd be my first thought with my inlaws! LOL!

DelennDax
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM

That nice of them.

heartstolen08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM

That is awesome!!! Hard to hate them I know, my in laws are the same...dont worry they will do something to mess uo the warm feeling soon lol j/k I hope not, enjoy having that extras cash, it is nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)