Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your child and makeup

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

My dd is only 6 months old but for some reason i was sitting here wondering at what age would she be allowed to wear makeup. What age did you or will you allow your DD's to wear makeup and why that age?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I have a son, but when we have a girl, it will be the same rules as it was for me...I wasn't allowed to wear it until I was 13 and it was still only blush and lip gloss. I think I started wearing all but eye liner at 15.

themacs4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Maybe when she gets in high school.  I don't really know.  My older daughter is 11 & in 6th grade and I just think she's too young right now.  I see too many kids in her grade with make up caked on.  I think it is unnecessary.  JMO!

Brooke501
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM

My step daughter started wearing makeup at the age of 12. She lives with her mom so it is not up to her dad or I. 

proud_mami_of_3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I have a 9 yo and we have decided  that we aren't saying anything until she does... hopefully she will be 30...lol I know wishful thinking. Seriously around 8th grade I will let her wear light makeup. Gloss, eyeshadow and that is probaly all. I also plan on teaching her I hate when I see foundation lines!!! BLEND ppl

LaciR
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I have sons. But if I had a girl, age would be 15 no exceptions.

Paesana82
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Honestly, I hope my daughter will be like me and not wear make up at all. BUT, if she wants to I guess when she's in high school she can wear minimal make up.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Play makeup or real makeup?? I let Hannah play a little with my makeup at home now... I put a little blush and lip gloss on her sometimes when we're playing at home, because she's interested(see's me do it) & maybe paint her toe nails. 

I suppose I'll let her start wearing makeup at about 14ish??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)