Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine Schmalentine!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

Every year I think hes gonna get it and every year im let down. All i ever want is a day, night, weekend whatever that is completely planned out for me!!  Babysitters booked, reservations made....just tell me to pack my bag get dressed up and away we go!!  But no...every year its "what do you want to do...i dont care what do you want o do..." the weekend of no less!! 

Yes I used to be subtle but this year I was flat out direct with what I wanted.  But got the same thing.....I get to make all the plans.  I dont even care now...plans are off!!

UUGGHHH Am I so stinkin selfish?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Doudy2148
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I don't think there is anything selfish about wanting the one you love to do something romantic and just surprise you...but it never happens for me, so I know how you feel. :(

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

It sounds like it's more clueless than selfish.  My husband isn't very romantic and I've accepted that fact.  He does try and I appreciate the effort.  Everytime the poor man tries to do even a little something, things get screwed up, so he doesn't try as much.  Maybe your DH just isn't the romantic type.

*ADDING*  Clueless of him, not you...lol.  I thought you were asking about him being selfish.

~Jill~

Reesie271
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I understand so well!  My DH (ha) went and made plans and forgot to include ME for V day.  He thought I was working, didnt bother to check and now has concert tickets and dinner reservations with some of his friends.  I get to stay home with the kids.  He says hes sorry but......

Its gonna take a LOT to make that up to me.

MamaAgain
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM

OUCH!!!

Quoting Reesie271:

I understand so well!  My DH (ha) went and made plans and forgot to include ME for V day.  He thought I was working, didnt bother to check and now has concert tickets and dinner reservations with some of his friends.  I get to stay home with the kids.  He says hes sorry but......

MyBabysRmyLife
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM

No you are not selfish, as wifes and mothers we plan every thing from dr.'s appointments to vacations, for one day it would be nice just to be told "put on your best dress, be ready for 7, don't worry where we are going"  My husband has no clue, I even hinted that  my mother will watch the children his response was oh good I can finish working on the back bedroom.  I give up.

MyBabysRmyLife-

Proud Owner of  these groups;

Closer to Thee
http://www.cafemom.com/group/closertothee

Raising Little Ladies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/raisinglittleladies

Misfit Mommas
http://www.cafemom.com/group/misfitmommas

MyBabysRmyLife
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Wow, I would have a long list of things that it would take to make up that one.

Quoting Reesie271:

MyBabysRmyLife-

Proud Owner of  these groups;

Closer to Thee
http://www.cafemom.com/group/closertothee

Raising Little Ladies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/raisinglittleladies

Misfit Mommas
http://www.cafemom.com/group/misfitmommas

hickory
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Sooo...if he thought you were working, and he planned on going out with friends, did he also plan a babysitter?  Who did he think was going to watch the kids if he didn't expect you home?

Quoting Reesie271:

Kingstons_Mom
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I'm in the same boat as you, mama. He even watched Dr. Phil's episode yesterday with me about how to avoid Valetine dilemmas, and I'm sure it went in one ear and right out the other.

As we speak, I'm doing laundry and warming a bottle for our son, just like any regular day :(  Hubby is still asleep in bed. He has NO idea how good he has it. Makes me cry.

jacobsmommy122
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hey, at least he askes you! LOL My DH doesnt even do that. He was supposed to get up with our 2 year old son this morning so i can sleep in and what happens??? He falls asleep on the couch and our son spills lube all over the place so he gets pissed and goes to bed.So now im awake. He also has to work from noon to about 11 tonight and i bet the only thing that is gonna happen is that he will stop at the store on the way home and buy some flowers. He is not romantic at all. I am so upset. I have a 2 year old and im almost 6 months pregnant and he still cant think of anyone but himself.

P.S. I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY

mommabear2008
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM

My dh and I have been together for 4 years and I can count on one hand how many holiday, anniversary and birthday 'surprises' I've gotten from him! But I've accepted the fact that he's not a romantic, big planning person...that's what I bring to this relationship. He does little 'romantic' gestures throughout the year that most people would just brush off but I know it's his way of showing me he loves me. Like when he goes to the store or a restaurant to get something for him he'll come home with something he knew I wanted, even if it's just a milkshake or soda!  I never threw a fit about not getting anything on days when I'd expect it, last year I just started buying presents for myself for holidays and such. I even wrapped them myself and then would act surprised when I opened them and would give him a big hug and kiss for getting me exactly what I wanted.....I guess it made him feel bad because yesterday he came home with a 14K White Gold bracelet for me! Needless to say it shocked the hell out of me and I showed my appreciation last night after the kids were in bed! lol Don't expect anything on special days and you won't be disappointed when you don't get anything but try to appreciate the little things he does through the year to show you how he feels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)