Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many couples Don't do V-Day?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  • 49 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you, as a couple, celebrate V-Day?

Options:

Yes

No

Other... I don't know what the other is, but it's here, just incase.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 84

View Results

I was wondering...

How many couples do not do V-Day?  DH and I don't.  We feel it is just a big commercialized day.  They created it to make you go out and buy a bunch of junk and cards for people.  We avoid celebrating most commercialized days.

For those who don't, why?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Our anniversary is February 7 and that is a much bigger deal than, as you said, a commercialized holiday.

Partyof4plus1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM

We don't buy each other anything for any holiday...not just Valentines day.

Holidays are for the kids...... 

momto4boys03-07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Its our sons birthday  and our daughters is the next day so we do b-days

Hanaas_mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

we don't. My hubbys b-day is the 18th and our anniversary is the 21st so we just combine them all together. We usually just go out to dinner to celebrate

do you like to take pictures of your little ones and show them off? Click on my signature above and follow me to Cute Kid of the Day.

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

We aren't going anywhere and I doubt he will get me anything. I did get him a nice Fossil watch today, I just wanted to suprise him. We are going to order pizza and hang with the kids. When something comes up we want to do together than we will but nothing tomorrow.

Erica

AKA *KimberlinFamily*
Carolbrady100
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Aren't they all pretty much commercialized? IMO life is too short, any excuse to celebrate is good for me! We are going to dinner!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Quoting momto4boys03-07:

Its our sons birthday  and our daughters is the next day so we do b-days

That's fun.  I think that's cool how their birthdays are so close.  My DD is Dec 10 and DS is Dec 20.  That's as close as ours get, so far.  :)

momoftwinboys74
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM

We usually get each other cards and we get cards and candy for the kids. I don't think big gifts are nec for V day but twice my husband has totally surprised me with jewelry. It is always funny when he does that because I will be so happy about the little stuffed animal or the button on the card I don't notice the gift. He cracks up and says "Hey Babe- ya wanna look in the sock monkey's hand and try on the necklace!?" He is such a great husband. We try to get some good alone time then too! Wink Wink!

Kymmarie

iluvmylilmen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Our first date was on Valentines Day in 2003...so we celebrate us being together for 6 years!!! And it just happens to involve chocolate :)

mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM

We're ordering the heart-shaped pizza from Papa John's, but that's it.

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

We aren't going anywhere and I doubt he will get me anything. I did get him a nice Fossil watch today, I just wanted to suprise him. We are going to order pizza and hang with the kids. When something comes up we want to do together than we will but nothing tomorrow.

Erica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)